Chapter 16 - A Heartless Liar

The last few days have felt like I have been living in my own little fairytale

Who would have thought that the Russian mob boss would be the one to slowly begin to take away all of my issues and relationship traumas?

Leonid has been so freaking sweet to me these past few days. He has been taking me out on expensive and luxurious romantic dinners. He has bought me all the green grapes and dark chocolate I ask for. He is also winning me over by taking me on shopping sprees and actually enjoying watching me shop.

The man who is feared by everyone in the underworld is the least thing from scary. He's so sweet to me and gentle and soft. It feels great to be treated with such care.

I never realized how much I enjoyed eating ice cream, but only if it's with him. He makes it enjoyable and romantic. The man gives me so many butterflies and just makes my whole body feel all warm and mushy.

No one has ever managed to do that or make me want to kiss them every second I spend with them. He's so fucking kissable that it's become an obsession of mine. He has become an obsession of mine to be honest.

Leonid just doesn't know it and isn't aware of it yet because I hide it pretty well. I am still a bit nervous and afraid to make things even more serious than they already are. I'm just letting things happen on their own or more like letting Leonid make every move and taking every step while I go along with it.

The buzzing of my phone breaks me away from my thoughts. I grab it from my nightstand to see it's an unknown number calling me. I'm bored and I am doing nothing, so I decide to answer just for the fun of it.

"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Sorella." A very familiar voice speaks up making my stomach drop.

I haven't seen him or have heard his voice in years since the incident.

"Marcello." His name comes out of my mouth as a whisper.

"The one and only." He confirms, followed by a chuckle.

"I need to see you. It's important." He speaks up after a few seconds of silence. He sounds very serious.

I don't know if that is a good idea. I don't think I trust him, and I don't know how I'll feel when I have him face to face.

"Don't make up any excuses because I know your little roommates aren't home. They won't be for a while. I made sure of it." That makes me feel a bit of panic and pressure.

A million thoughts start running through my head like the thought of him hurting them. What if he hurts Leonid because of me?

"Fine. Where do I go?"

__

I hug my body tightly from how cold it is tonight.

The location my little brother sent me is sketchy as fuck. It's so cold and dark. The only sounds around me are the sounds of cars, dogs barking, and leaves. It all sounds very distant from here except the leaves.