Chapter Nine

"Hey, Miss. Lopez!"

The teacher whipped around and smiled warmly at the sight of her favorite student. "Hi Brittany!" She slowed her brisk pace to a leisurely stroll to let the girl catch up.

When Brittany was at her side the blonde was grinning. "I finished my Spanish paragraph writing and I'm really proud of it!"

"That's good!" Santana exclaimed as they entered her classroom.

Brittany took her seat and excitedly waited for class to begin.

Soon others filed in and the bell rang.

"Alright." Santana said, walking to the front and center of the room. "Today we're going to be talking about modern politics. Now what words comes to mind when you hear these names? Barack Obama."

"President!" Rachel called eagerly.

"Powerful." Quinn piped up.

"Leader!"

"Dictator!"

"Well okay." Santana chuckled. "Not all of them have to be good. What about... Ooh! Hillary Clinton!"

"Visionary!"

"Empowered!"

"Feminist!"

"Role model!"

"Dyke."

Santana's grin dropped into an icy glare and she turned to see the smirking face of David Karofsky. "What did you just say, David?"

"She's a dyke." He sneered. "And a bitch. Her husband needs to beat her ass. Maybe it'll put her in her place."

Azimio reached over and fist-bumped him, laughing.

The Latina was seething. How had he managed to hit two sore spots?

All the other students were looking fearfully at their teacher, wondering what she might do.

The woman walked calmly and swiftly over to Karofsky and leaned into his face.

His smirk fell.

"Do you find that joke funny, Mr. Karofsky?"

Karofsky, wanting to keep what little masculinity he had left, nodded. "Y-yes."

"Class, do you find that funny?" Santana asked without moving or looking up.

There was a chorus of hushed 'no's.

"Now tell me, David... Why is that funny to you?"

The boy's Adam's apple bobbed and his eyes darted around desperately. Sweat glistened on his forehead. "I-I-I guess it's just..."

"Just what?" The teacher snapped. "I don't have all day so let's hear it."

"I... Y'know. Cause she's like... All powerful..."

"So being a powerful woman makes you a bitch?"

"N-no! Uhh... But it's funny cause if he beat her up and... Like..."

"So domestic abuse is funny to you?" Her voice rose.

"No..."

"It's not!" She yelled. "It's actually pretty awful! Now get the hell out of my classroom! Go!"

The teenager stood quickly and raced for the door.

Everyone else looked on in awe as the Latina straightened her crisp white shirt, smoothed her hands over her black pencil skirt and walked back to the front. "I won't have any of that. Am I clear?"

They all nodded.

Suddenly a faint clapping sound could be heard.

Their heads all whipped around to see Brittany smiling and clapping.

Gradually, the others joined in.

Santana stood shocked as hands applauded her.

Finally she smiled. "Well... Thank you."

"That was seriously awesome!" Brittany cheered.

"Totally!" Quinn agreed with her best friend.

"You definitely showed him!" Rachel grinned. "He looked so scared!"

"Thanks, on behalf of all of us gays." Kurt piped up.

"And women." A cheerio in the back said quietly.

Santana nodded, grinning broader. "Well it's my job since I am both of those things. And even if I wasn't, I don't tolerate that sort of talk in my classroom."

Brittany grinned back dreamily. She loved how Santana was gay. It made her feel like she had a tiny chance even though she knew that she had none.

"Now back to the lesson. I heard some good words. Visionary, leader..."

Brittany couldn't pay attention to what Santana was saying because she was just imagining them together. It was perfect.

AN: hi! Sorry for not updating in so long! I'm bad! And I know this is short but I hope it'll satisfy you all for now! Love ya!

- G. Schreiber