Chapter 2: Second change at first line

Scott walked into the locker room and over to his locker before he started taking off his gear with a distant look on his face. Stiles walked past the row of lockers before noticing him making him stop and look at him for a moment as he leaned his back against the lockers.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" Stiles asked and Scott nodded slightly, "Yeah." He said. "Is she giving you a second chance, or..?" Stiles trailed off slightly and Scott nodded again, "Yeah." He said, still with a distant look on his face while Stiles smiled and raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah? All right! So, everything's good!" he said before Stiles started to walk off, "No." Scott said, making him stop and look at him. "No...?" Stiles asked and Scott still doesn't look over at him, "Remember... the Hunters? Her dad is one of 'em." He said making Stiles's eyes widen slightly.

"Her dad-?" Stiles asked, "Shot me-" Scott said as Stiles raised his eyebrows. "Allison's father-?" Stiles asked and Scott still didn't look over, "With a crossbow." He said and Stiles was quiet for a moment before he pursed his lips slightly. "Allison's father-" he started to ask but Scott cut him off, "Yes! Her father!"He yelled before his eyes widened. At that moment Mirabella walked in and looked at them with in confusion "Whose father?"

"Allison's father was the hunter that shot him." Stiles told her. "Ahhh yes. Chris Argent, did I forget to mention that?"

"You knew?! Oh, my God-" Scott said, started to breathe heavily, making  Stiles and Mirabella quickly run over to Scott. "No, Scott. Snap back!" Stiles said as he lightly patted his face making him look at her and Stiles.

"Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you, right?" Stiles asked and Scott thought for a moment before shaking his head, "No.... N-no, I don't think so..." He said. "Does she know about him?" Stiles asked and Scott's eyes widened, "I don't know! What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man-" Scott said as Coach blew his whistle.

"She doesn't okay! He wouldn't tell her anything. Not yet at least." Mirabella told them.

"Okay, just focus on lacrosse. Okay?" Stiles said. He started grabbing Scott's stuff, "Here, Scott. Take this. Take this, and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?" Stiles asked and Scott took a deep breath before nodding. "Lacrosse." Scott mumbled and Stiles nodded, "Here. We. Go!" He said, patting Scott arm before going to walk away, nearly tripping over his feet. Mirabella looked at Scott and grabbed his shoulder "Listening to me Scott McCall, this is something you always wanted right?" He nodded "Then get you head straight and play lacrosse!" She patted him before walking out.

  Mirabella sat at the top of the bleachers with her arms crossed and a bored expression on her face. She was there so, she could  make sure her best friend doesn't lose control during lacrosse practice. Scott, gazing off with far too many thoughts swirling in his head, doesn't notice the other players backing up behind him. "McCall, let's go!" Coach yelled making Scott pay attention, realizing he's at the head of the line. Coach tosses the ball. Scott goes for the shot. But Jackson comes at him with a volley of slap checks, "Still want to be first line, McCall?"

  Gritting his teeth in anger, Scott looks up to reveal his brown eyes are rapidly brightening to yellow. Mirabella cautiously stood up, she could hear Scott's heavy breath and rapid heart beat while Coach walked over to Scott. "McCall, my grandmother can move faster than that and she's dead! Can you move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother, McCall?"

"Yes, Coach." Scott said lowly and Coach raised his eyebrows, "I can't hear you." He said. "Yes, Coach!" Scott said louder, "Then do it again!" Coach said and Scott went back to the start of the line. Stiles looked at him worriedly before looking over at the bleachers at Mirabella who was watching Scott, waiting for something to happen. The whistle blows and Scott shoots forward again as Coach tosses the ball to him.