Chapter 12: Omega

Lydia struggles a little bit to get out of bed making her father step over to assist her but she holds her hand out to stop him. Mirabella was watching the whole exchange from the wall, where she has been leaning on "You want help getting in the shower?" Her father asked and Lydia just gave him a look, before looking at her best friend and rolled her eyes, making Mirabella chuckle. "Maybe if I was four, and still taking bubble baths. If I need any help I have Bell here to help me." Lydia said.

"Right. I'll just wait outside, then... Where it's slightly less sarcastic." Mr. Martin said then walked out of the room. Mirabella right after him. Closing Lydia's door behind them, Mr. Martin notices Stiles, with a "get well soon" balloon tied to his wrist, Mirabella notices him too and she shook her head and rolled her eyes. After everything that happened with Kate and Peter, Mirabella became more cold and she rarely smiled. Kate broke her that night.

"Have he been here all night?" He asked making
Melissa glance over at Stiles, "He's been here all weekend." She said. Mirabella walked towards her best friend, but stopped when she heard he was having a sex dream. A cleaning lady started changing the trash bag in the bin next to him. "You... you're dirty." Stiles mumbled in his sleep making the cleaning lady look at him with a bewildered look.

Mirabella rolled her eyes before lightly hit Stiles making him jump awake, almost falling off the chairs as he glanced around he saw Mirabella in front of him looking at him with bored expression and her eyebrows rising. He knew that she probably heard him and he quickly averted his gaze away from her and blushed.

"Wanna come with me to get a snack?" She asked and he nodded while clearing his throat slightly, still embarrassed.

"You ... umm...heard me?" Stiles asked her embarrassed as they walked, making her hum and squint slightly, "Yeah, I heard." She told him shortly without looking at him. He nodded embarrassed.

Stiles puts some change into the vending machine and picks a reeses, but, of course, it gets stuck making him groan,
"Seriously?" He taps on the plexiglass window of the machine. The candy bar doesn't budge so he gives the glass a smack, nothing. He pounds on it with a fist, still nothing.

"Keep doing that and you will break it" Mirabella said, with a bored expression as she watched him. "I'm not gonna break it."Stiles said.

Stiles spreads his legs for maximum leverage and awkwardly grips the sides of the vending machine to shake the candy bar loose.

"You're an idiot you know." She told him. He rolled his eyes at her "Shut up." He rocks the machine back and forth and right as the candy bar was almost slipping free the entire vending machine lurches forward, slamming down onto the floor with a loud crash.

Stiles froze slightly as he stared at the vending machine for a moment before looking at Mirabella with wide eyes. "Told you so." She said and Stiles gave her a look.
He went to say something, but a loud scream ripped through the hospital. Mirabella groaned and put her hands on her ears, she fall down on her knees. Stiles went down next to her, but she pointed towards Lydia's room "Lydia." She whispered.He immediately took off towards Lydia's room. He threw the door open right as Melissa and Mr.Martin ran over. He ran over to the bathroom, opening the door to see the shower still running and Lydia nowhere to be seen. Stiles looked around confused until he noticed the open window near the shower. He looked back at Mirabella who just came into the room with a confused expression.

"All right, let's get an A-P-B out for a sixteen year-old red-head. Any other descriptors?" Stilinski asked Melissa and Stiles popped up in between them, Mirabella behind him.

"She's five-three, green eyes, fair-skinned, and her hair is strawberry blonde."He said, making his father raise his eyebrows at him.

"Is that right?" He said and he hummed and nodded, "What the hell are you still doing here??" Stilinski asked and Stiles shrugged slightly. "Providing moral support." He said.