25

"We started a band."

Seungmin sipped his drink as he listened to Wonpil go on and on about what they'd been up to. A few months ago, or even a week ago, Seungmin would've told him to shut up. But he listened and put in effort to the conversation. "You should play at the bar sometime. Chris would like it."

Jae snapped his fingers to his side and did a little dancing act with the broom in his hand. "L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very, extraordinary. E is even more than anyone that you adore-" He whipped to Younghyun with a teasing smile, only to receive a shoe to the head and a not so kind beat down.

Seungmin chuckled at the two, only to go quiet down when Wonpil continued the song. Dowoon started tapping on the counter to create a beat, and Jae grabbed Soonae's hand when she walked in. She was surprised, but nevertheless slow danced with the younger man, laughing at the groups little performance. Wonpil mimicked a saxophone.

"Love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it, take my heart, and please don't break it. Love was made for me and you," Sungjin sang.

Seungmin shook his head at everyone and laughed at their shenanigans. It seemed to disrupt the song cause Jae let go of his mother and turned to him with his own smile. "What are you laughing so hard for?"

Seungmin crossed his arms over his stomach and wheezed. "You seriously dance like a chicken."

Younghyun cackled, his hand meeting one of the tables. "Oh my God, he does!"

"What does that even mean?" Jae argued with a pout. "I bet you two can't even dance."

Younghyun rolled his eyes and got back to cleaning the tabletops. Seungmin's smile went rigid. "Uh, you caught me?" He rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassment filling him up. He'd never learned to dance. It didn't exactly come to him that he should start dancing in a cell because of boredom.

"You don't know how to dance?" Wonpil asked.

"We should teach him!"

That is how Seungmin got stuck in a dance lesson with his mom and Younghyun. Apparently, he was the only good dancer among them. Seungmin squinted his eyes at his feet, nose twitching in irritation. "Why is this so hard?"

Soonae giggled and patted her sons shoulders. "Try and relax. You can't dance if you're all tense. Think of Hyunjin." Seungmin could feel his cheeks warming up. He mumbled something to himself but tried to imagine it was Hyunjin he was dancing with. It helped to wind him down a bit. Other than that, his feet were still horribly bad at keeping rhythm.

"How are you and Hyunjin? I haven't seen him in a bit."

"Good, we're busy with work. You probably shouldn't let the others go out at night. There's been a rise in crimes against hybrids."

"You'd think they'd do anything but try and rob a human with animal attributes."

Seungmin wanted to correct her and tell her the crimes were more serious, but he held his tongue and looked up at her. He took the time to examine her features and compare them to his own. He had more of his dad's eyes. Her smile was a printed copy of Seungmin's, though. Or, well, it was Seungmin who had copied his mother. "You think Hyunjin would like it if I dance with him?" He twirled his mom gently, smiling when she gasped in surprise.

"Well, if I enjoy it, no way Hyunjin won't."

Seungmin spent the next few days trying to master slowdancing as much as possible. Jeongin even joined in on the lessons, though Lily was his partner. It made Seungmin unbelievably happy to see them smile. They deserved nothing but happiness. Jeongin bounced up to Seungmin with a drink. After their lesson, they'd decided to hang out just the two of them. The fox sipped his drink with a happy hum.