Orphanage

~ One week later ~

PAUL's POV :

It's 7am and I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I felt Nina stirring in the bed, and I said "Good morning darling." She replied with a sweet and loving tone "Good morning you." Then we looked at each other with a smile plastered on our faces. She placed a hand on my cheek and said "Today is the day." I replied "Yeah I can't wait." and then I place a kiss on her forehead. She came closer to me and kissed my lips passionately and said "Me too." I said "Well we better get up and prepared ourselves to make sure we arrive on time at the orphanage." Nina replied "Yeah you're right, omggg I can't wait !!"

We quickly prepared ourselves and an hour later we made our way to the car. I opened the door for my wife and she said smiling "Always a gentleman" and I chuckled. I drove for about 30 minutes and once we parked I look at Nina, she was stressed, I noticed that as I saw her biting her nails. I took her hands in mine and said "Stop that", she looked at me and said "I'm stressed." I replied "I know darling, try to relax, I'm sure this will to go well." Nina said "I'll try, I can't believe this is The Time." I replied "Yes finally, let's meet our kid."

NINA's POV :

We got out of the car, Paul gave me a quick kiss on my left cheek, and we walked hand in hand to the orphanage. We entered and a woman came towards us and said smiling "Welcome to the orphanage, I'm Ophelia Clark, I'm the one who is in charge of your child adoption." Paul and I thanked her, Ophelia told us "So today you are going to meet the children. From the last call we had, you told me you were looking for a girl around 3 years old, is that right ?" We nodded smiling, and Ophelia said "Okay guys follow me." We headed to what I supposed was the living room, and before Ophelia opened the door in front of us, I looked at Paul right in the eyes, and I caught him already looking at me. He took my right hand in his left hand and brushed his thumb over the back of my hand. He mouthed me "I love you", I smiled and mouthed back "I love you too".

Then Ophelia opened the door and we entered in a huge living room with a large bay window overlooking the garden. There were 8 little girls sat on the couches waiting patiently for Ophelia. My heart melted when I saw them, they all seemed so sweet. Ophelia said "Hey girls, here are Nina and Paul, they are here to adopt one of you. So please be kind and polite." They all answered in unison "Hello", then Ophelia turned towards us and said "So now I'll let you talk to each girl, I have to go check something on my computer at the reception, so if you need anything I'll be 2 doors away." Paul said "Okay thank you." and I smiled nodding. Ophelia said to the kids "Okay girls, now you can return to your activities, but stay here and don't go outside."

We went in front of a girl still sitting on the couch and she said to me with sparkling eyes "Wooow you're so pretty." I crouched down with Paul and said "Awww thank you, that's very sweet of you. What's your name sweetie ?" She answered "I'm Mavis" and I exclaimed "What a beautiful name" and she replied "Thank you." Then she asked "Can I show you my drawings ?" and Paul replied "Yeah of course." She got up and walked to one of the tables and she said showing her draws "That's Elsa my favourite princess." Paul said "Wow that is amazing Mavis" and she smiled widely. Then Mavis continued her drawing, so we went to talk to the 7 other girls for about an hour.

After we finished to talk to the last of the girls, I caught up Paul who seemed confused, I asked him "Everything alright ?" He replied "Ophelia told us there were 8 girls, isn't it ?" I answered "Yes that's what she said." He noticed "Well I can only see 7, one is missing. We better find her before Ophelia goes back here." I said "Where could she have gone ?" We thought for a minute and looked around the living room. Then I gasped when I saw the bay window opened. I said to Paul "She sneaked out in the garden, look the window is open." Paul said "Omg let's go check." I said to the other girls "Stay here calmly girls, we will be back in 2 minutes."
The garden is huge, that will take an eternity to find the missing one. "We better warn Ophelia, look how huge is the garden, it's gonna take us forever." Paul said "Yeah you're right, let's go back inside to tell her." We we're heading back to the house but we suddenly stopped because we could hear in the distance a little voice asking for help. We tried to follow the voice and we spotted a playground further. We ran there and we saw a little girl at the top of a slide, and a dog was at the end of the slide waiting for her to get down the slide.
The little girl was so scared and the dog was growling but wasn't barking. The dog was trying to got on the top of the slide where was the girl, as if he wanted to attack her.