Hold Me - Matthew Smiles x male!reader ⚠💗

Warnings!! angst, implications of suicide, character death, hurt/comfort

THIS IS AN AU BTW, WONT BE FULLY LORE ACCU-RAT >:3>

requested by @clairjsmiles (2/2) :3

.

Matthew had invited you over to his house a few times before, but this time something was different. He had called you out of the blue, after months of ghosting you and leaving you on read. Frantically at a quarter to three, begging you to come over. You walked up to his doorstep gingerly, staring at the yellow painted wood contrasting with the oak door. You rang the doorbell, and heard it softly chime from inside. He opened the door, greeting you with bloodshot eyes and unbrushed hair.

"Hey, y/n, come on in." He did his best to smile, but it looked more like a grimace. The bags under his eyes were heavy, and it looked like he hadn't slept in a while. He stepped back as you walked in, and hugged him. He softly hugged back, not putting much effort into it. He moved slowly and sadly.

"D'you want anything to drink?" He asked. You shook your head. You both made your way to the grey, itchy couch that Matthew liked to call his. Matt's walls were painted a shade of blue-grey, and like his sister Clair's, were covered in art. Matthew was an artist as well, but not a professional by any means. Clair's drawings were neat and clean, always easily identifiable. Her art was perfect and pristine. Matthew's on the other hand, were messy and scribbled. His art was full of emotion, and sometimes you couldn't even make out what was on the canvas or paper. 

His house hadn't been cleaned in a while, and clothes were thrown on the couch and floor. You didn't care. He was clearly going through something. As you two sat down on his couch, he clasped his hands and stared at the floor. You put your hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, man, what's wrong? This isn't like you," You said. And you were right. Matthew was lively and funny, and never acted like this. There was something very, very bad that had happened. He stared at you out of the corner of his eye, and turned to face you. Tears formed and his lip quivered, but he didn't let himself cry.

"He's gone. He's gone, y/n." He broke down, and began to sob. 

A/N: I cannot get this done for the fucking life of me I'm sorry I have like zero motiv to do it LOLOLL