Mermaid.

GL ahead.

Mermaids were always thought of as myth's no one really believed in them and those who tried to seek them never returned or turned up empty handed.

Some people say mermaids are beautiful kind lovely creatures and others say their evil conniving sneaky creatures.

Either way they are never to be trusted.

(Name) spent her whole life by the ocean she's seen everything there is too see  whales,dolphins,shark's , jellyfish, crabs etc.

But her mother never allowed her to sail too far or alone. Never telling her the reason why (name) guessed it was just her mother being a mother and worrying about her child.

"Mom! We ran out of seas shells again!" (Name) called to her mother.

Since they lived by the shore they had a shop selling sea food and sea shells and other things they could find on the beach.

"I guess we'll have to go looking for some since we ran out in storage as well" her mother let her know.

"So we're closing the shop for today" (name) beamed.

She wanted to explore the beach that day since storm clouds started to move in their direction meaning it would storm soon.

"I'll keep it open and you can go look for sea shells" (name)'s mother told her.

"And don't go to far or into the water" she warned.

Every time her mother mentioned something about the water (name) had an uneasy feeling but she felt a strong pull to the water.

"Yes ma'am." (Name) responded walking out with her basket.

She walked along the shore eyeing the sand really hard looking for good sea shells or other unique finds.

Every once in a while she'd find a good looking sea shell and put it in her basket. So distracted by her task (name) didn't notice the storm clouds getting even closer or the sun going down.

"Crap" she cursed looking up at the night sky.

Rain started to fall really hard and (name) knew she wouldn't make it home in time it was too hard to see anyways.

The tide started to raise as well meaning get away from the water.

The booty shorts and tank top wasn't doing (name) any good by time she found a cave she was already soaked and freezing.

loud thunder stuck and big lightning could be seen flashing making (name) back further into the cave shivering.

Deciding she wasn't getting home anytime soon (name) sat her basket down and leaning against the cave wall falling asleep.

After a few minutes (name) woke up to the sound of splashing coming from deeper into the cave.

She contemplated wether to check it out or mind her business.

In the end curiosity got the best of her and she was on her way to see.

Approaching the sound (name) peaked from behind the rocks and saw a green fin in water.
She pushed herself back against the rock in fear trying to calm herself.

'Maybe it was a big fish'

'Maybe I was seeing things I just woke up anyways'

She keep thinking rationally trying to convince herself she didn't see what she thinks she saw.

Gaining the courage (name) once again peaked her head over but this time the fin wasn't there.

"Maybe it was seaweed" she whispered to herself.