V

F I R E B O R N•••••

F I R E B O R N
•••••

WOLVES

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

On our way back, some of the men in front of us, stopped. I was flying on Rhaelor so I didn't know what the commotion was.

"Ilagon, Rhaelor!" I commanded Rhaelor. (Down, Rhaelor)

I quickly made my way to where the others were. When a wretched smell hit me.

It smelled like death.

A male deer had been tore to pieces but whoever or whatever did it, they didn't take it or eat it.

"Ugh" I groaned. "That smell is killing me" I said pinching my nose, which made me sound funny and making Bran giggle behind me.

"Don't be such a baby, Jace" Robb said. "You've seen and smelled things a lot worse than this".

I glared at him. "Yeah, just not with everything all together" I said while gesturing at the deers guts on the ground and the maggots coming out of it's eyes.

"Mountain lion?" Theon asked Lord Stark.

He shook his head. "There are no mountain lions in these woods".

He looked around for a moment and then stopped to look at something. He walked over to the side of the path and continued down towards the creek.

"What is it?" I asked.

Then I heard a tiny sound that sounded like little yips. Suddenly a massive Dire wolf came to view. It had one of the deers antlers stuck in it's throat and little puppies surrounded it.

"It's a freak" Theon said in disgust. I just rolled my eyes. "No idiot, it's a dire wolf" I said smacking his shoulder. Ever since I got to know Theon, he slowly turned into my idiot number three.

Robb is idiot number one and Jon is two.

I never liked Theon since he always was rude towards Jon and the girls. So everytime he did or said something stupid, I'd call him idiot and smack him.

He glared at me and I just smiled. I would be lying if I said I didn't like teasing the kid.

"Tough old beast" Lord Stark said as he knelt down and pulled out the antler from it's neck.

"There are no direwolves south of the wall" Robb stated. He looked at me with confused eyes and I shrugged.

"Now there are five" Jon said picking up a pup. "You want to hold it?" He asked Bran. Bran stretched out his hands as Jon placed the pup in his arms.

"Where will they go? There mother's dead" Bran asked.

"They don't belong down here" a Lord said.
Lord Stark got up and sighed. "Better a quick death, they won't last without their mother".