Wanderer | A past memory

SUMMARY: What if Scaramouche, loses his memories and returns to his old self, way before the betrayal? How would he treat his lover, what would happen? What if he gets his memories back, when you've grown fully accustomed to his old self, How woul...

SUMMARY: What if Scaramouche, loses his memories and returns to his old self, way before the betrayal? How would he treat his lover, what would happen? What if he gets his memories back, when you've grown fully accustomed to his old self, How would he treat you after all that? 

CONTENT TAGS: Gender Neutral Reader, Pre-wanderer, Fluff, Slight angst? (Not really), Scara slightly opening up to you, Sweet/Soft!Scara feul, 1.0k words!

— Scaramouche losing his memories came as an unexpected discovery to you, he had always been able to remain somewhat safe on his expeditions, so needless to say you weren't worried in particular, though there was always that small lingering feelin...

— Scaramouche losing his memories came as an unexpected discovery to you, he had always been able to remain somewhat safe on his expeditions, so needless to say you weren't worried in particular, though there was always that small lingering feeling that something bad might happen, however your lover as distant as he may be, made sure to reassure you despite his misgivings. 

— All though your worries weren't in vain, when he couldn't even remember your name, surely it was beyond heartbreaking already to witness the injuries your lover sustained during his little mission elsewhere, but to forget your name was a different kind of pain.  

"You've got to be kidding me" you mumbled underneath your breath, but even an idiot could realize how serious this situation was, Scara' wasn't one to joke about serious issues.. or joke in general. His standoff-ish nature resulted in him being distant and rather cold, and breaking that exterior was hard for you, yourself. And you were his partner, the one he loved and cherished most. 

— You spend the next few days showing Scaramouche around the house, explaining to him about his current lifestyle, what he does... who you were.. During which time, you learned that Scara's real name was 'Kunikuzushi', something that came as a surprise as you were unaware of this fact, but then again Scara never really enjoyed opening up about his past, he preferred focusing on the present, though it upset you now, realizing how much you really didn't know about your lover. 

— "That's quite a long name, do you mind if I call you Kuni?", to your surprise he didn't seem against the idea at all, which was a pleasing discovery. 

— The two of you spent time learning about your interests and whatnot, it pleased you to know more about Kuni, who seemed so different from Scara, he was much more open and energetic. He was expressive too, the two of you indulged in stories and much more. He seemed like the opposite of Scara', his cold exterior replaced by a much sweeter and kinder version of itself. The revelation itself came as quite the shock to you, but you couldn't help but indulge yourself in the change, hoping that maybe, your Scara' could have been as sweet as the one from the past.   

"You're a really good cook!" you stated, chowing down on the meal the Kuni had made for the two of you, "Why, didn't I make you good meals in the past?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at you. "Yes but this is different!" you didn't think much of your words, letting out a small smile. 

— It's been quite the while since Scaramouche had gotten his memories back, at first he can remember being curious as to how far he could take this act, he wanted to see your genuine reactions to the change in behavior, because deep down he was well aware of how distant he could be, he was curious if your opinion on him would change, especially when he looks back to the time he wasn't yet aware and still hadn't received his memories back. You were kind, and forgiving, that alone was a huge factor as to how someone like Scaramouche fell for you. 

— He was quite certain that you'd never figure him out, but he failed and underestimate your intellect, you've lived under the same roof with him for a year now, and you could easily tell the difference between 'Kuni' and 'Scara', the way his face would go pure blank in an ounce of praise and affection, while if you were to say something of a similar style to Kuni he'd react with a energetic response, or a large grin would be plastered onto his face. If that wasn't the only change, you could see the change between Kuni and Scara, in their habits as well, Scaramouche was much more punctual and well coordinated, following a Schedule and planning things accordingly, compared to Kuni who seemed to be carefree and would follow and do as he wished.  

The two of you were huddled on the pavement, watching the stars, settled together with little to no space in-between the two of you. "How long are you going to keep up the act?" you asked, your voice a bit above a whisper. You didn't feel like yelling nor did you want to confront him in a direct way, "So, you've figured me out." 

"For a while now, you're quite predictable."  

He let out a small breezy laugh, "How so?" 

"I could make an entire list if I wanted to, but I'd rather not.. You just are." 

"..." a comfortable silence filled the area, as the two of you had a silent battle over who would speak out next. "So are you going to explain?, I think you owe me one this time.. Kuni." 

He let out a sigh, "I do owe you an explanation, this time around" you let out a soft hum in agreement, "But I'm not ready to explain to you everything, so if you don't mind waiting, I'll open up to you in due time." 

You leaned down onto his shoulder, and let out a sigh of relief, "I've waited this long, I suppose I can wait for a bit longer..." 

© cupids-chamber, do not repost, plagiarize, translate, or adapt my work without prior permission and or confirmation from me

Votes are appreciated !