Beach Day (Twins) || 05

kook and riri are twins— 5 year olds. jimin as their single dad <3

___

"achoo!"

"bless you," aera pats her brother's head, standing on her tippy-toes to reach up as he's sitting on the father's lap ever since taehyung told him that the ocean has sharks which like to eat cute little kids. he knew he was cute and therefore in danger. what if a shark suddenly came while he's playing in the water? it'll eat him up and then his daddy, sister and uncles are going to miss their little jungkookie.

taehyung had told the same story to aera as well. she was scared first, refusing to go in the water but when she saw jungkook being even more afraid, she acted tough in front of him, trying her best to look braver than her twin. as cute as it sounded (her trying to be supportive and courageous for her brother) jimin knew she was only doing it to show jungkook that he's the only one who's scared like a baby while she could be a big girl and get praises from everyone.

so jimin said nothing either, sitting on one of the deckchairs with his son, watching amusedly how aera pretended not to be afraid of the shark taehyung said was in the water. she would go to the end of the shore, then make an excuse and come back running to jimin, claiming that she's just checking on jungkook and doesn't want him to feel lonely.

"you don't wanna go?" taehyung asks, wiping his head with the towel as water drips down from his hair, body wet for he had just swam across the shore.

"mm'no," aera shakes her head, sitting beside jimin and glances at jungkook, "i wan' stay with koo and daddy,"

"are you sure? swimming is fun," taehyung tries to lure her with  mischievous grin, seeing if she will fall in his trap and just go with him, so he can later tell her that the shark is coming to eat her.

aera shakes her head again, turning to jimin with a subtle pout, "there is shark..."

"really?" jimin chuckles, sitting up straight and puts the down his cocktail on the table nearby. he makes jungkook stand on the sand and leans down to grab their bag, "who told you about the shark?" he asks the kids, glancing at them briefly while he takes out a tube of sunscreen, squirting some in his hand and brings jungkook closer first.

"uncle taetae," the boy says, turning his head towards taehyung who just sniggers, gulping down his drink at once. jungkook's made to look back at his father, as he applies the cream on the boy's face as well.

"uncle tae's making up stories to scare my kids huh?" jimin laughs lightly, glancing at his friend, getting only a shrug of his shoulders.

"yes. he's bad uncle taetae!" aera scrunches up her face.

"hey, don't say that," taehyung sits down near the kids, pouting at aera, "i'm not bad. i'm your favourite remember?"

"no,"

jimin laughs at him while taehyung just sighs, shaking his head and grabs his phone, getting busy with it than messing with a five-year-old. jungkook's ready to play out in the sun and have a good time in the water, as jimin has applied the sunscreen on his arms, legs, neck and face that are exposed to the sun, uncovered by his red iron man shorts and a matching sleeveless t-shirt.

then he makes aera stand in front of him, letting go of the boy who picks up the beech ball jin got for them and giggles at aera. his hands hold the yellow ball above his head, about to throw it towards his sister, making her jump in her place, already trying to get away from jimin so she can play with jungkook. jimin hums deeply, shaking his head as a gesture for her to not move and takes her arm, smearing the sunscreen on her skin.