Chapter Three

So while I had this chapter in my Docs for years, I just couldn't figure out how to end it. There was just something about it that felt off you know? But I couldn't really think of anything else, so I finally decided to just, add a little bit more and call it a chapter.

Now, I'm not sure when the next chapter will be posted, mainly because I hadn't even started it. I have ideas on how I want this to go, but some of the plot points are making me rethink some stuff wondering if some of the characters would be too ooc in order for said plot points to happen. And while I really wanna go straight to point C, I need to make it to point B. The journey to Point A to Point B and then to Point C is making me scratch my head a bit because well. It has been a few years since I worked on this.

But sometimes that's the beauty of fanfiction. You just go where the story takes you.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this short chapter! Thanks for staying this long!
Edit: I forgot Damian's vegetarian not vegan. Fuck.

——

When Terry was eating his lunch, he didn't comment on which dining room they went to, or even the little bits and pieces that were wrong with it. If Jason's claims were true, then Terry wouldn't be surprised if the youngest and his dog damaged some of the things in the manor and they didn't want to rat the kid out. Honestly, he would rather be told about that so he could start getting things replaced.

Getting the main kitchen remodeled so many times got him savvy with the old phone. And actually talking in a formal manner to get a group of people to remodel the ruined kitchen. Now that he thought about it, the company probably knows him by name at that point.

That wasn't the point. The point was Terry knew what the kitchens were like. What the dining rooms were like. And the fact he was herded into the one he was currently eating wasn't suspicious at all.

Note the sarcasm there.

But he had to give the old man kudos for the meal. It was quite delicious. Terry never really had a vegetarian diet, but as it turned out the youngest brother did. The meal was purely vegan though. When asked if Terry was okay with what the man had in mind for the meal, Terry said he was okay with trying it.

He was honestly a bit surprised by how good the tofu was. There was one time he had it, and that was when he and Dana went to a Japanese restaurant. She ordered miso soup and offered him one of the tofu cubes in the soup. It didn't taste the greatest. But the way the older man made it? Terry might have second thoughts on the food. However there was something about it that was familiar...

"So how do you like Alfred's meal?" Superman fan asked.

Mentally filing the name away for the old man, Terry answered. "It's really good. What's the recipe if you don't mind me asking."

"Teriyaki tofu fried rice, with sesame seeds and an herbal blend I have created." Alfred answered as he set down a fresh container of iced water. "As for the vegetables I put in peas, carrots, leaks, and bell peppers."

The teen nodded at this. "Honestly this is probably the best tofu I've had. Where did you get it?"

"Actually, I made it."

Blue eyes blew wide. "You made it? Oh wow."

With a smile, Alfred nodded. "Yes. I'll admit it took a while, but I managed to find just the right consistency that everyone came to like."

"Alfred," the sweatshirt teen spoke up, "pretty sure never making tofu for a good majority of your life gives you some leeway."

Jason shrugged. "I was just impressed by how good he made it on his first try. I remember trying to make tofu once and it was a disaster."