Chapter 1

"Ace!" I yelled as I woke up from another one of my nightmares from that awful war.

I am so glad that I have my own room now...

When the crew got back together, I asked Franky if he could add a captains room for me. I explained to him that I still had nightmares from the war and that I might wake the others up if I slept in the boys' dorm. He told me that he would help me build me the best captains room he could.
He also let me know that he would sound proof my room to help me from waking everyone up. He and Chooper are the only ones in the crew who know about my nightmares.

But there is something that I haven't told the crew about yet...
I thought to myself as I got out of my hammock and walked over to my personal responder snail to call my favorite person.

"Hello Hun, had another rough night?" I heard him answer after a few rings in a sleepy tone.

"I'm sorry for waking you up. But I had another nightmare, and I can't seem to sleep well without you..." I said with a light blush, causing him to laugh.

"Lu, my offer still stands..." He replied in a serious tone.

"I know, and you're right. I need you here... I'm glad that I was finally able to meet everyone again... and I have been slowly getting over my grief, but it will take me a long time to cope with the fact that I don't have my big brothers by my side anymore... and I am only able to feel completely whole again with you here with me." I said, causing him to sigh.

"Okay... where are you right now?" He asked after a few moments.

"We just made it to the New World, and we have been sailing for about a week now."

"You're lucky that I had a feeling that this was going to happen after you started to call me every night. Not that I mind talking to you every day." He replied with a chuckle.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Lu, I am currently on my way to the New World from Fishman Island. By the way, I heard what you did there, and I am so proud of you." He said, causing me to blush.

"I just did what was right... Wait, you followed me?!" I yelled in surprise.

"I was worried..."

"Do you have enough supplies to wait for me to catch up?" He asked, causing me to pause.

"Yes, the nearest Island is a day out, and we have enough supplies for a month as long as I don't eat my normal amount." I replied, causing him to pause.

"Your over eating habit is unhealthy, Hun." He said with a sigh.

"I know, but Sanji's cooking is the best!" I yelled, causing him to laugh.

"I am looking forward to meeting your crew. Will you tell them everything about us? They deserve to know."

"You're right. I can't keep hiding this from them. Plus, I miss you so much!"

"Lu, it's only been a month. Not that I like being away from you."

"Okay, I have to hang up now, I think the ship is under attack... I will talk to you later." I said as I felt the whole ship rock and shudder.

"Stay safe, see you in a week, Hun." He said before hanging up.

I just hung up the phone when Nami burst into my room, causing me to jump up from my chair.

"Luffy, we need you on deck. There are 4 Marine Navy ships attacking us, and since Usopp fell asleep during his watch, we didn't realize that they were attacking us until 4 canon balls hit the Sunny. Franky, Usopp, and Chooper are currently trying to fix the ship, while the rest are either fighting or preparing for the incoming storm." She said in a rush.

"I will be right there." I said as I ran after her onto the deck where it was chaos.

"Sanji! You're with me! The rest of you prepare for the storm! The sunny takes priority!" I shouted as I walked over to railing.

"Yes, captain!" They replied in their own way.

"Let's go Shitty Captain." He said as he lit a cigarette.

"Can you make sure that no more canon balls hit the ship while I prepare my attack?" I asked as he nodded before I launched myself into the sky and used my third gear to enlarge and coat my foot in haki before I kicked large holes in three out of the four Navy ships before I landed on the fourth.

"It's Straw Hat Luffy! Get him!" The leader yelled before I used my haki to knock out everyone on board.

"There, that should do it." I said when I returned to the ship with everyone staring at me.

"What?" I asked I little annoyed.

"Luffy, I haven't seen you be that serious in a while." Chooper said, causing everyone to nod their heads in agreement.

"What do you mean? I took care of the problem." I asked, not getting what the problem was.

"He means that you normally mess around while fighting before going all out." Robin said.

"I guess I was a little mad that I had to end my phone call early because of their attack." I replied with a frown as the Sunny continued to sail around the massive storm that was ahead.

"You have a personal responder snail?!" Usopp asked in surprise.

"Yeah, someone important to me give it to me before I left to meet with you guys." I replied with a shrug.

"By the way, is there any way to stay in this area for the next week?" I asked, turning to Nami.

"Why?" She asked, confused.

"I got a call saying that, my friend... wanted to join us and that he is on his way here." I said with excitement, causing everyone to look more confused.

"Who is he?" Franky asked while joining us on deck.

"I will explain when he gets here. So, Nami, is it possible?" I asked, causing her to pause.

"Yes." She replied, causing me to smile wide.