The girl who wondered

Arya watched as the big kids played their magic board. She was always so excited to be with them, after all she was only 11 and they were all 15. "Is there anybody there?" Stacy, one of the older girls asked the magic board. The cup moved to the word yes on the magic board, Arya tried to mask her excitement but she couldn't stop the smile spreading across her lips. The other kids all drew in a breath but she never understood why. "What is your name?" Lucas the most handsome of the group asked. The tiny cup on the magic board started moving around to different letters until it spelled out, Jonah. The room felt dreadfully cold for some reason, it was as if the heater had stopped working. Joseph pushed the tiny cup to the word goodbye on the magic board and Arya sat on the ground wondering why. She could see the white puff of her breath leave her mouth and suddenly she was freezing. "Crap" Jo whispered, rubbing his hands to keep warm. "Arya you need to go." Jo's voice was firm and she knew she had no choice "but Jo, it's the middle of the night and im so cold." She whispered hugging herself. "Ash will take you away and stay with you, you will be fine." Arya found herself nodding even though the last thing she wanted to do was leave. Ash scooped her up in his arms as if she was an infant but Arya found herself staring at a dark shape in the corner of the room. She sucked in her breath as she realized the shape was not a shape but a shadow. The big kids must have noticed the fear in her eyes because they all turned around and Jo yelled at ash telling him to run.

Ash hugged Arya into his chest as he flew out the door and down the road. Arya wanted to scream she was so scared. What was standing in the corner of the room? Why did Jo want her to leave so badly? She couldn't understand any of it so she hugged Ash tighter as he ran. "Ash what was that in the room?" She asked, sleep clouded her vision like a thick fog. "Not for you to worry about m'lady" Ash had always called her that since she could remember. "Ash" She yawned trying to stay awake. "Yes m'lady?"

"Where are we going?"

"Some place safe is what I would say if ever there was such a place." Arya did not understand so she felt it best not to ask questions anymore, but she had one last one she needed an answer to.

"Ash, when will we see Jo and the others again?"

"If only I knew m'lady, if only I knew."