Prologue

Trigger warnings: Death, Blood, Small Mentions of Eating Disorders, and Bullying

It was a very cold and misty morning, and it was the first day of October. So-young was in her bedroom, getting ready to go to work, since the place opens at 8:00 a.m. She was brushing her hair and slowly humming to her favorite song then all of a sudden, her phone started to ring.

"Huh? Who is calling me this early in the morning?" She thought to herself as she checked the ID to see who is calling her phone.

Min Seol A.

So-young's eyes slowly began to widened when her favorite person is calling her phone. She quickly answered it with a small smile on her face, wanting to hear her voice. "Hello Min Seol A! How's it going?"

"It's going good! How are you doing this fine morning?" Min Seol A asked as she was currently feeding her dog while on the phone.

So-young puts her brush down and puts her phone on speaker mode as she makes her bed and puts on her jacket. "I'm doing fine. How are you doing? Do you need anything? Money? Clothes? Dog food?"

It went silent for a moment until Min Seol A spoke back up again.

"I need money. My dog is very sick, and I don't want her to die.. and I want some extra money for clothes and shoes. I'm very desperate. And I have something to share with you. It's about what I first witnessed before the results of the Cheong Ah Arts student auditions."

So-young stopped in her tracks as she was about to get something to eat. She looks back at her phone and walks up to it while Min Seol A is laying down on her bed on the other side of the phone call.

"Sure. But I would get ready for the statue thing at Hera Palace after I get off of work. One of those.. 'students' you were tutoring invited me for some reason, then I would be at your place after. Is that okay with you?" So-young asked as she puts her shoes on and puts her phone off speaker, and then puts it on her left ear.

So-young doesn't know it, but Min Seol A is smiling at the end of the line and is about to get ready to go to So-young's house.

"Yeah. That's fine with me. I'm gonna send the video and photos to you and then I'll be at your place in a bit later on tonight." Min Seol A answers back as she was about to bring her small tote bag and pets her dog, Sugar.

"Alright. I'll see you tonight!" So-young concluded as she hung up the phone and walked out of her bedroom, as if she was prepared to see her best friend once more.

But little doesn't she know, that it was the last conversation and interaction with Min Seol A.