2. 🌳

I woke up after a long first day at camp, he yawned. I looked at Corey and Elton, I laughed a bit. I stood up and pulled out his clothes for the day, I went into the shared bathroom and changed. The one thing I enjoyed about this shitty camp was that we all got our own bathrooms in our cabin, so at-least i could freely take a shower whenever. I finished my hot shower, wiping the steam off the mirror, and finally getting dressed as I opened the door, I looked around seeing as everyone was still asleep. I decided to go check if my mom had written anything to me. I asked around where the mail would be and found a small mail room. I checked for my name and finally found my mail.

     I slid my fingers over a black envelope with a dark red heart sticker keeping it shut, I then looked to see a normal white envelope. I picked the two up and rushed to my cabin, I opened the door to see Corey, and Elton awake, Colby who was already dressed was sitting on his bed, feet dangling off the ladder. Elton looked at me confused, "What's that, Sam?" I smiled, "Mail." He rolled his eyes, "No, that black envelope." I sat down on the floor, "No clue, actually." I opened the one from my mom first, it was just a simple check in. I sigh staring at the black envelope. "Well?" I head Colby say above me, "Open it." I shrugged, and did. The writing was messy, but beautiful. It was a poem,
  A love poem.

  You're hairs blonde, the sun shines bright down upon it,
Your smile could light up a room, (it does.)
Oh Sam, how I love you.
    - Your secret admirer.
P.S: I saw you trip, be more careful.

I laughed at the cringy poem, I felt my cheeks flush. "Whoa! Your camp soulmate!" I rolled my eyes, at Elton's remark. "Yeah, sure. You really believe this camp finds your soulmate for you?" Corey shrugged, "It brought my parents together, and yours Sam." I rolled my eyes. Suddenly there was loud microphone feedback, "HELLO CAMPERS! IF YOU AND YOUR CAB-INMATES COULD ALL FIND EACH-OTHER AND MEET UP AT THE DOCK, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!" I glanced at Colby who had jumped off, his bed and starting to leave. I shoved the notes under my pillow, and grabbed the two guys before heading to the dock. Once everyone was there, the counselor started telling us directions. "Alright everyone! I'm Mx. Sunny! Counselor here at Camp Oak! Today we're gonna get in canoes with one of our cabin-mates, and row all the way around the lake and back!" Everyone started picking groups, I watched as Corey and Elton immediately pared up, Elton mouthing 'Sorry.' to me in the process. I looked at Colby, "Don't flip us, asshole." Colby laughed, "I won't, maybe." I rolled my eyes, as we walked up to Mx. Sunny getting in the canoe, they winked at me as they pushed out into the water. Colby immediately trying to row, "HEY! CALM DOWN-" he laughed, "Scared?" I punched his shoulder again, "Obviously." He calmed down, and started rowing slowly. I followed his movements. It was actually pretty peaceful sitting with him. It was quiet, and everything felt soft.

I started to think he might not be as terrible as I thought.