Chapter Ten

Kira L Beneteau <goodtimesbadtimes@wdpcp.ca>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horikoshi Makoto <horikoshim@unsiu.un>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mako!

I got your e-mail. You're right, daily reports weren't needed this week. If it took a week for him to get where he was it'd probably take a week to get back.

I took your advice and told him about dinosaurs and alligators, he really liked that.

Like I said Monday I think he's still having a rough time. I asked why he decided to turn back and he said he remembered that that was what he did. If he didn't do it he wouldn't get to see what he does when he gets home. I don't know, it's kind of confusing.

We're getting to know each other better. He says I remind him of the tree person that plucked him out of that life gift pond I told you about, what I saw the first night I worked at DSL. The tree people don't have genders like we do but he refers to that one as her or she. I remember the other tree people referring to her as the young ancestor in their histories but I don't think he likes calling her that. I think it reminds him of how long he's lived.

He said she could always make the best out of a bad situation. She was just a kid when she found him but as she grew up she was ostracized for what sounded like some mental health issues. She lived her life away from society with Hero, he looks fondly back at that time in his life. She'd sing to him. Tree people song is beautiful by the way, it's like clarinet violin.

Anyway, yeah, we just walk and talk a lot.

Last shift he asked if Earth ever had a war. Wow, what do you say to that, right? After explaining that that was pretty much all we do I asked what reference he had for war, everything seemed so peaceful there.

So, I didn't know this but it seems obvious now, tree people need those life gift ponds to reproduce, makes sense right? Tree people, water? Anyway, these things are all the water that's around, no rain, nothing, that's it. They must replenish slowly somehow but he said there's cautionary tales about groups of early tree people, before he was born, that wiped themselves out using one up and not knowing where another was. Population boom that fizzled out. Heavy stuff.

So, right, you can guess where this is going. Certain tree people got it in their voodoo mask heads that they had more of a right to these ponds than others. Bigger, stronger ones, they roamed around recruiting until they had enough of a force to keep the others away from life gift.

The other side of the equation banded together and what was the only war the tree people ever saw reached everywhere.

I think this took place my first weekend off, he was smaller then. Well, small for him, he was around my height. Bad guy tree people tried sacking his village and he just said he dealt with them. He said he felt the need to deal with the rest. He left it at that.

Wow, way to end it on a downer, Kira. Sorry!

He should be back home by Monday, let me know if you want an update then or just keep on keeping it to Fridays.

Have a good weekend!

Transcribed by WDPCP unit BKL-320530

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECIEVED FROM: goodtimesbadtimes@wdpcp.ca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECIPIANT: openthepodbaydoors@uol.afu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Ndubisi.

Hero said he doesn't know what BINTI is but I ran by him those codes you had me memorize and he said 'False with the exception of ZJ92F'. So I guess that sounded pretty specific. Hope it helps.

-Kira