six. dance with me!

IRL

"you know, i was in our hotel room today, and the floor is very spacey, so you can sleep on it!" i joked, bringing my fourth glass of a double gin with lemonade up to my mouth.

"oh really?" tommy rolled his eyes, "you called me annoying, your mouth hasn't been shut once since you sat down, everly."

i gasped, "how dare you! fine, i'll be quiet."

"stop flirting," maia laughed, "arguing like a married couple, it's only been two hours."

"listen, maia, you and jonah have been non stop flirting. you're like twelve, shut up, no one asked, you're rude, i hate you, no, i love you and you're my second favourite sister, and jonah likes you, he told me the other day!" i slurred, taking a breath and continuing to speak, watching jonah's poor face go bright red. "and i know you like him, because you also told me, so both of you shut up!"

tommy burst out laughing, and maia and jonah sat there all nervous and flustered.

"that was so mean, ev." tommy shook his head.

"they needed to tell eachother," i defended, "i'm a wingwoman, tommy!"

my jaw dropped and i gasped, hearing put a ring on it start playing in the room, quickly looking around to find a 'microphone'. i gave up finding one, grabbing tommys hand and balling it into a fist, singing into it.

i felt a tap on my shoulder, and i turned around seeing lorelai and niki. "hey guys."

"we'll leave you to it, you can take our seats we're gonna go outside." maia said with a smile, giving both of them a hug and leaving with jonah.

"i see you two are getting along," niki laughed, sitting opposite me. "how much have you had to drink?"

"this is my first one," i lied, letting go of tommy's hand and showing niki my drink.

lorelai turned to tommy, "how many has she had?"

"four, but she was drinking before i got here too."

i slapped his arm, "wow, snitch."

we had a lovely conversation that lasted for a while, talking about anything and everything. i got excited as dancing in the moonlight started playing, quickly downing my drink and pulling the three of them up to the dance floor with me. niki and lorelai started dancing, but tommy refused.

"please, tom." i pleaded, holding his hands whilst looking up at him. "it'll be fun, and everyone here's too drunk to care, everyone's dancing, don't be the odd one out."

sighing and rolling his eyed, he agreed. "fine, just for you."

he danced with minimal effort, whilst niki, lorelai and i gave it our all, jumping about and screaming the lyrics. we did this for a few songs before tommy dragged me off the dance floor and back to my seat, where aurora came over.

"everly, i'm going to the bar, do you want another drink?" she shouted over the music.

"yeah, please, a vodka and coke."

she nodded and walked over to the bar, ordering our drinks and soon coming back, putting the drink down. she beckoned levi over and he came over.

"how are you two getting on?" levi questioned, patting tommy's shoulder.

"he hates me, levi, he told me." i once again, lied, causing tommy to gasp.

"no, i never, she made me dance, levi, when have you ever seen me dance in front of this many people?" tommy denied my accusations, shaking his head.

"you're like an old married couple, god." levi laughed, "looks like you've been getting on anyway, lauren's had a lovely time taking pictures of you two from our table."

"oh god," i shook my head, "rory, tell mum i said, take any more pictures of us and i'm never making her a cup of tea again."

"no, it's cute pictures!" aurora refused.

lorelai and niki came and sat back down, joining into the conversation for a while until aurora went up to have her dance with my dad and levi went to sit back down at the table with his parents and my mum to watch. i moved tommy's chair closer to mine and moved so we could both see. i pulled my phone out and recorded them, lying my head on tommy's shoulder.

i felt a tear roll down my cheek and land on his jacket, and he laughed putting his arm around me. they finished dancing and i stopped recording, wiping the multiple tears that rolled down my face. i looked at tommy, frowning and he just laughed at me, rubbing my shoulder.

"can we go outside? it's too hot in here and i don't wanna go alone." i asked tommy quietly and he agreed, standing up.

i stood up, picking up my drink and we went out of the room, walking to the stairs where he helped me down due to my heels. we went outside and i leant against the wall, tommy standing beside me.

"you know, as much as i claim to hate you, you're not too bad." i admitted, taking a sip of my drunk.

"hmm, not sure how much i believe you considering how drunk you are."

"i'm not thaat drunk," i spoke, longing out my words.

"oh, you are."

"okay, maybe i am that drunk. but, i really do mean it. and it's really cold." i huffed, shivering.

he stood up from the wall, taking his suitcoat off and slipping it onto one arm, letting me switch hands with my drink, and slipping the other arm on. "better?"

i nodded with a smile, "much better, thank you tombola."

it was now a few hours later, and everyone started leaving. i got way too drunk and tommy, niki and lorelai had to convince me to go upstairs to the hotel and get in bed. after quite a while of convincing, i gave in and i took my heels off, leading the way. i was walking confidently, until i missed a step and fell over it, getting a carpet burn on my leg.

"oh." i mumbled, getting back up and continuing to walk.

"did she just, what, how did she, nevermind." i heard tommy say, but just continued to walk.

"is this our one?" i asked tommy, him being sober, only having a few drinks.

"it is, lorelai has the key."

lorelai, also just being tipsy, walked up and opened the door, niki and i running and jumping on a bed.

i yawned, getting comfy under the covers, throwing my heels on the floor. "tommy, get spare pillows out of that wardrobe, we're having a wall between us. i'm not gonna make you sleep on the floor."

tommy obliged, putting the pillows between us, continuing to just get under the covers.

"are you both just gonna sleep in your dress and suit?" lorelai laughed after coming out of the bathroom in her pyjamas.

"mhm." i answered, tommy agreeing. "my knees hurt though."

"i'm not surprised." tommy laughed, "that fall looked like it hurt."

"it did, shut up."

------ ALICE TALKS :)

this story is FLOPPING lol

and i fucking hate this chapter don't bully me