face your fear

Fade watches in silence as the wind agent exits the room. Her eyebrows scrunched, nothing but confusion on her mind as she recognizes that she's now alone in the training room.

What had she done to make Jett so upset? She understood that running into the arena was dangerous, but what was she supposed to do?

Jett was her teammate, someone she is supposed to trust and fight alongside; she wasn't going to risk her getting severely injured. She still cared for the younger girl, even if she gave her nothing but a cold shoulder.

Would Jett not do the same if she were in her shoes? Would she think of it too risky and let Fade face the machine alone? But Jett saved her when Maxbot nearly shot her–what was the difference between the two instances?

Fade recalled the look in Jett's eyes while she was hovering over her. She could see the worry clear as day. Jett cared for her in some way, or else she wouldn't have saved her. Then why was she so angry?

Fade felt as if her head was spinning.

She began to shake her thoughts aside, instead drawing her attention back to the arena and saw Maxbot, almost appearing to be asleep. She then looked to the ground and noticed the gun and knives still littered on the floor.

Guess she'll clean up the mess by herself...

When Fade is finished cleaning the dualists' messes it is a little past noon. She figures she should probably get something to eat, and her stomach growls in agreement. She sighs, exiting the training room and heading towards the mess hall.

When she arrived, the smell of all sorts of dishes entered her nose. From grilled chicken, to rice, to vegetables and fruits, the initiator's mouth immediately began to water.

She wandered to the table that stored all of the foods and drinks. As she made her way, she noted the amount of agents in the room. Killjoy and Raze sat together, talking amongst themselves by the window, while Phoenix and Neon sat nearest to the food. Fade could hear a faint, "I'm surprised it was only bruised, you made it sound like your hand was mangled!" Followed by, "Shut up!" Fade smiled to herself, glad the Filipina was alright. She noticed how Jett was missing from their table, odd . She then noticed Sage sitting alone in the corner of the room. Normally Fade would sit with Cypher or Omen, but seeing as they weren't here, she did enjoy Sage's company as well.

Fade grabbed a plate and began loading it with chicken and rice, she noticed that there was also salad and added this as well. Moving over to the drinks, she grabbed herself a bottle of water and made her way to Sage's table. Noticing her presence, Sage looked up at the nightmare agent and gave her a warm smile.

"Hi, Fade. I hear you've been babysitting the dualists?" Fade chuckled as she sat down across from the healer.

"I see Neon's hand is alright. That's good, thank you for doing that," Fade grabbed her fork and began cutting the chicken up, ready to take a bite.

"Yep, Jett's waist is hopefully better as well."

What?

"Huh?" Fade stopped, her fork still raised in her hand as she stared at Sage, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Sage hummed as she took a swig of her water. "She was a bit gloomy, but at least she's not in pain anymore."

Fade set her fork down. She was confused, when did Jett get injured? "She got hurt? When? What happened?"

"She didn't give me the full details, she just mentioned that she got shot when trying to shove you to safety." Sage shrugged, picking up her fork and taking a bite of chicken.