Chapter 2 - Just a dream?

Jem hadn't told Tessa anything about what happened, but Tessa knew him. She knew him better than anyone but also she did know it wasnt good to push him.
So she waited - 3 days she waited but Jems behaviour didn't changed.
He seemed worried and pale - he had nightmares.

So today was the day - Tessa wasn't able to wait much longer.
Jem were sitting on the kitchentable and were drinking a chinese tea which Tessa had bought him.
She softly stroke over his shoulders before she hugged him from behind.
"What is going on in your head? Something is off.... please tell me," she whispered.
Jem sighed and looked around as if to check if Mina or Kit were around.
He hesitated for a while before he took her hand. "Sit with me..... I am telling you."

And he did. He told everything what happened a few days ago and the more Jem told, Tessas hand were squeezing his very tight.
When he finished she took a deep breath. "Jem... What....are you sure?.... Maybe... it was... a daydream... a ghost..."
"No Tess,... no daydream.... not a ghost.... Mina saw him too. He talked to her."
"Maybe.. it was a coincidence?"
"He had his eyes...." Tessa swallowed. She had forgotten for a long time the exact blue of his eyes but she remembered how intense they were. So if Jem said this were his eyes it must have been the truth.
"So.... What is our plan?"

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over a week nothing happened. Tessa and Jem went to the pond everday  - sometimes togerther or with Mina or alone but this person didnt appear again.
Today Tessa were alone with Mina here now for almost an hour. She sighed and rubbed a bit through her eyes. With everyday which passed Tessa were almost sure Jem had imagined him and she could understand it. She had done it herself for years over years.
"Come to Mama, Mina," she called her and looked around but couldnt see her.
"Mina? "
She began to panic. "Mina?" che called louder whend she heard her laughing. She ran towards it and wrapped immediatly her arms around her daughter who were laughing in her arms. "Never do that again, Mina."

"I am Sorry it was my fault"

Tessa looked up ... and almost fell backwards if the young man infront of them didnt had reached her hand to hold her. "I got you...."

She held with one arm her daughter and with the other the hand of this young man.
Wild black hair, big blues eyes like the sky on the edge of the night, young with a smile on his face - a smile Tessa would always recognize.

The young man blushed and helped Tessa up before he released her hand. "I didnt mean to spook you. But the little sunshine here came up to me while i read here. we have met before."
"I know...." Tessa whispered and looked at him. This was Will, her Will, THEIR WILL.... but also don't. He died. She had no idea what this did mean.
"What are you reading?"
He hold up his book to show the cover.
"Little Woman? This isnt really a book which man like."
"I like it... and i am a man" he laughed. "It's actually one of my favourites. I study here Literature and history." He did hold out his Hand. "I am Owen..."
Tessas Heart made a jump as she heard his name and she held out her own Hand and softly squeezed his. A shiver ran through her arm.
"Tessa.... and this is my daughter.... Mina."
Owen did bend down to  Mina and smiled at her.
"Hello little Miss, It's nice to meet you"
Mina laughed and pointed at his hair.
"Yeah i have wild hair" he chuckled and looked up again to Tessa. "The man who were with her last time... It's her dad, right? She looks like him"
Tessa smiled wide. "Yes she does.... she really does."

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Min Min" Kit catched Mina while she ran inside. The little girl laughed and hugged him while Tessa followed her. "Kit can you take her a bit with you"
He hesitated but nodded. when he were gone she went over to Jem who were leaning on the kitchen counter. She leaned next to him. "I saw him today... "
Jem almost dropped his cup. "You did...?"
"Yeah" She took herself a cup and got herself a tea. "His name is Owen."
"Will's middle name" he whispered.
Tessa nodded. "He is a student for history and Literature. His mother is dead and his father owns a bookstore here around. That's why he is studying here so he can be with his father... and he don't like ducks."
Jem snorted and began to laugh but stopped himself as Tessa laughed herself. "Some things never change"
For a while nobody said anything until Tessa broke the silence. "So.... what are we doing now?"
"I.... we.... cant ..."
She looked down obviously sad. Jem softly took her Hand. "we shoudn't... but... we... we cant loose him again"
"Thank god... i hoped you would say that. But ... what are we doing....?"