Chapter 5: Time

"What do you think what had happened?" Jem looked up the stairs as if he could look through the walls but shook his head. "I have no idea... I brought him up and he did sleep... and is still sleeping. I am afraid to ask."
Tessa hesitated. "I think i will make him breakfast.... " "Maybe a cup of Tea, Tess"
She nodded and stand up but not without smiling. "I think someone is making an entrance...."

Owen were awake since a few minutes and it took him a bit to realize where he was.
But he was scared. He didnt want to stand up and tell them. Tell them how dumb he was and weak.
How he did hide himself and didnt even know from what.
Owen heard a rustling sound and looked away from the window only to see little Mina trying to climb on his bed.
Without hesitation he lifted her up. She began to laugh and sat herself on his lap with a book.
Owen wrapped one arm around her and took with the other the book. "Do you want me to read ... Mina?" The little girl laughed. She pointed in the book at a bird sitting in a tree. "Bird..."
"Yes... that's a bird" he smiled a bit. "You look like your mother."
"She is like her but looks like her Dad."

Owen looked up . In the doorframe stood Kit looking at them.
"I am Kit. You are Owen... right?"
"You know about me?"
Kit laughed and sat down on his bed. Immediatly Mina crawled to him. "Good Morning, Min Min." He hugged her tight. "Of course i know about you. Are you feeling better? If yes you should come down to eat. Tessa makes great hot chocolate and Jem really good pancakes"
Owen raised an eyebrow. "You are calling them by their names?" "What should i call them?"
"I don't know? Maybe Mum and Dad?"
"They aren't my parents."
Owen looked embarassed down. "I am... i am sorry"
"It's okay" Kit whispered and kissed Mina on the cheek. "Tell mum and dad we will come soon." He let her down and she ran fast to the stairs. "MAMAAAAAA" She yelled and Kit laughed. "She is a sunshine, isn't she?"
He hesitated. "It's complicated. It's just.. my parents died and a long time i were leaving with... some people but this wasn't meant to be forever... not at all." He had a sad look for a few minutes on his face. "But Tessa and Jem took me in. I live here since Tessa was pregnant. I am Minas Brother.... and they are Mum and Dad... but still they arent,  you know?"
He stood up and clapped him on the shoulder. "Dont worry they are nice people. When they can help they will. There are clothes on the chair for you."
Kit left the room and Owen looked after him before he stood up and started dressing. It was just a jeans, tshirt and a jacket but it did fit perfect. He looked at himself in the mirror at the side of the room.
He looked thinner and like he havent slept in a while.
Owen took a deep breath and went to the door listening to them.
Mina were laughing and Kit were trying to catch her.
He heard Jem humming something and he saw Tessa come along the bottom of the stairs. Her hair she had pinned up but a few hair strands came loose. She looked up and began to smile and it hit Owen like a Hurricane.
For a few moments it was like he saw her but also dont. Like it was her but in a red dress with roses, long brown hair hanging loose down, an angel necklace around her neck. //Will...//
Owen blushed and gasped but she looked again normal. "Good morning"
"Morning, " he mumbled and came down slowly.
Mina were sitting on Kits lap and they both were eating Cornflakes. Jem looked up and hold out to him a cup of coffee.
The young man took it and sat down.
He looked around. Tessa had sat down next to James and he did bend over to kiss her cheek before he continued to eat. On the table were pancakes -like Kit had said - and other things to eat for breakfast but Owen were holding onto his coffee slightly trembling but not because of the cold.

"I am going now, Mum" Kit said while he stood up and winked at Owen before he hugged Tessa. "Come on Min Min." He lifted the young girl up and Tessa smiled at them. "You have everything? Food? Toys? Money?"
"He has, Tess... dont worry " Jem chuckled. "Have fun kids"
Tessa kissed them both and when they were gone she did tidy up thrir stuff.

Owen looked confused at the foor. "Where are they going?"
"Just visiting a friend of us.... we thought... you maybe need time...." Owen looked up to James. Tessa sat down next to them.
" You want to know why i am here... of course... allright... i will tell...."