Chapter 1: Meeting the Rulers of Ninjago

So sorry I didn't post a chapter yesterday! I was writing my other story :D
THANK YOU PrincePacman47 for adding this book to your reading list! This is my first ever time seeing someone do that. I thank you a million times!!!!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy. Can't wait to share it with you :)

Lloyd POV

"All right team. The last Mask is in the Royal Palace, which is home to the Emperor and Empress of Ninjago, as well as the Jade Princess. We have been assigned to guard the Mask of Deception. We don't know what it is or what it does or what the Sons of Garmadon want to do with it, but it's probably something evil. Everyone understand?"

I waited for everyone to agree. Jay let out a nervous laugh. "Another day in Ninjago, am I right?"

Kai snorted. "It's not every day we see some crazy people in masks try to steal something, but maybe that's just me."

"Guys," I interrupted. "Get in position. I'm near the royal family, Nya's in the crowd, Zane is on the rooftops, and you three stick together. Make sure Jay doesn't do anything dumb like he did last time."

"Hey!" Jay protested. "I was hungry, okay?"

I ignored him and said, "Alright, ninja! Keep an eye out there, and good luck."

I leaped from the rooftops and landed right behind the royal family, making sure not to be seen. I ducked behind the open doors as the Emperor delivered his speech.

"As many of you know, my family has kept a private life. We aren't interested in meddling with current affairs, but as crime has risen, so has our concern. So it is time to step out if the shadows, and into the light. We will fight for Ninjago, our home, and our beloved city!"

Roaring applause sounded throughout the air as he concluded his speaking. I wasn't really sure what his words had meant, but hey, a speech is a speech!

My transmitter crackled with sound. "I don't like the sound of this," came Nya's voice. "If they're so private, then why make a speech? Why do all of this?"

"Eh," said Jay. "I think it's kinda nice. They're trying to help out the citizens of Ninjago!"

Kai's mic let out a loud sighing noise, making me wince. "Nya, chill. Don't be so jealous of all the glamor. They're the royal family after all-"

Suddenly, loud piercing noises rang through the air. Instantly, I tackled the girls in front of me, shielding then from danger.

"Get everyone to safety!" I shouted into my mic.

"Copy that!"

I heard noises as the ninja quickly set out to help the audience. Soon, the crowd had been dispersed, and no one remained. I looked around, trying to find who had been the source of the disruption.

I heard the whirring and clicking of Zane's scanner. "There is no intruder," he said. "Only firecrackers."

Firecrackers?

Immediately, I leapt up from the floor and extended my hand towards the girls on the floor. The one in green gave me a warm smile and accepted, but the one wearing a blue dress jumped to her feet, ignoring my hand.

The ninja ran up to me. Only then did I realize the royal family had left, including the two girls. The royal guard waited for us by the palace doors.

"I am Hutchins, the personal guard of the royal family. They have invited you to the palace as a thanks for protecting the mask."