Chapter 4: Lloyd Has A Crush!

So, what do you think of the picture above? Majestic, am I right?!?

*dying of laughter in the corner*

Just a heads up- this chapter has a bit of ~llorumi~. No, I don't hate Harumi (although she is my least favorite character in Ninjago). I find her character dynamic interesting and she's a very unique person. I just think that llorumi doesn't work. It seems wrong but that's my opinion, so please don't kill me in the comments.

Anyways, here's the chapter. Hope you enjoy!

Lloyd POV

"Here are your rooms," Hutchins announced. He opened a door, which revealed a majestic lounge. Diamonds winked at us, causing the whole place to glow. The armchairs invited us to sit by the fire, which crackled merrily.

Kai raised his hand, and the fire grew with it. He shaped his fingers into a chicken, which the fire copied. He then shaped his hand into a-

"KAI! PUT THAT HAND DOWN!"

His hand dropped, and so did the fire, returning back to its original state. His smirk, however, remained.

Nya facepalmed. "You know we're guests here, right?" She turned to Hutchins, and put on her begging face. "PLEASE do not mention that to the royal family. My brother is... immature."

Hutchins's face remained impassive, but his eyes were filled with mirth. "Of course. I suggest you refrain from doing things like that in the future, Mr. Kai, as there are many cameras in the palace."

"Cameras?" Kai asked. He scanned the room. "How come I didn't notice them before?"

"The cameras are designed by the most brilliant minds of technology," Hutchins explained. "They are made to evade all senses, even your ninja ones."

I frowned. I also hadn't noticed them.

Zane changed the subject, asking, "Where are our rooms if this is just a lounge?"

Hutchins gestured to the doors surrounding us. "Each of you occupies a room. You can select whichever you want."

He headed towards the door. "Enjoy the rest of your stay."

"Where are you going?" Nya asked, echoing our confused thoughts.

"My duty is to guard the Emperor and Empress at all times. I must go now. Good day."

The others watched as he left. Jay frowned. "Well... that was fast. Also, that guy's sus. Are you sure he can be trusted?"

Zane blinked. "'Sus'?"

"We need to teach you slang, Zane," Kai sighed. "It will do you wonders." 

I joined the others, laughing out loud.  

Suddenly, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. The ninja were too distracted arguing about their rooms to notice me as I crept towards the noise, heading out the door.

It was Harumi.

Immediately, I ducked behind her doors, making sure to stay out of sight. My heart was pounding erratically fast, though I wasn't sure why. Probably adrenaline. I peeked around, watching her.

She sat at her desk, humming to herself as she held a wipe in her hand. I watched, entranced as she dragged it across her face, removing the face paint. Then she used her hand to remove something from her eyes. I edged closer, confused. That's when she looked up at the mirror.

Her caramel eyes met mine in the reflection. 

Only they weren't caramel anymore. 

I stifled my gasp. Her eyes had turned a deep emerald green. 

Wow. 

She's even more beautiful than I thought.

Harumi mistook my stare and turned her head away in embarrassment, hiding her face behind her hands. I felt my cheeks flush and opened my mouth to apologize.

"Looks like someone has an eye for the Jade Princess," whispered a voice behind me.

My eyes immediately widened at the noise. I dragged Kai back to the lounge, shutting the door behind me quietly. 

"Are you freaking crazy?! She could've heard you! Last thing I want is for her to think that you know!" 

Oop- Lloyd... you messed up bad.

"So you are interested in her!" He crowed in triumph. 

My face lit on fire faster than his hair did when he was angry. 

"I am not! I just think she's... she's... she's cool!" 

Kai laughed and turned to the others. "What do you think? A crush?" 

Nya crossed her arms. "Lloyd, are you sure this isn't a prank?" 

"Guys, I don't like her!" I protested. But no one listened. 

Kai laughed before noogieing me. "Sure, sure... looks like Lloyd is growing up. I'm so proud!" 

"Yeah, and who would've thought you liked the Jade Princes of all people?" Jay joined in. 

I groaned. They were making it worse!

Suddenly, the door burst open. Hutchins ran in, panting. He looked distressed, and immediately we all snapped to attention, on high alert. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

I braced myself for the news. 

"The Sapphire Princess," he said breathlessly. "She's gone."

Oof, poor Hutchins. She's not actually missing, but you don't know that... of course us readers do ;) 

Anyway, what did you think of the chapter? Let me know in the comments!