Chapter 9

With way much less effort, JeongWoo managed to carry Junkyu into the bathroom and convince him to soak in the tub. The omega only wanted to get himself clean and fast, as in a quick three minute shower fast. But again, the alpha had his own way to make Junkyu do things beyond what he'd wanted. As the alpha also needs to clean up from his own liquid waste, Junkyu's option was either the bathtub or take shower together with JeongWoo, which with all sanity, Junkyu chose the former.

Seeing JeongWoo's smug face as he declared his defeat, Junkyu felt so much urgency to punch him square on his face, but he was too tired and weak for that. And besides, he couldn't deny the warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest when he saw the alpha's happy face.

When was the last time he felt such an intense emotional reaction from someone's happy face that made him want to see the same expression again and again? Probably when Haruto was still alive. Is it okay if he feels the same thing he used to feel for Haruto?

Junkyu's body slowly sunk into the warm depths before being completely submerged, including his head. He held his breath, wanting to erase his thought before it wandering back to Haruto again.

How long can I hold my breath? My record is 50 seconds.

One, two, three, four...

He began counting in his head, and by forty, he opened his eyes. Small bubbles flew from the corner of his lips to the surface. It wasn't until he pressed his lips tight to stop the bubbles that the water became clear and he saw the alpha's head hovering over the side of the tub. A finger came in and poked the tip of his nose. Junkyu accidentally inhaled water through his nose from the act. He jerked out and leaned over the side, coughing up the water that went in his lungs.

Instead of saying sorry, JeongWoo laughed, holding his stomach while sitting on the bathroom floor. It was the first time Junkyu heard him laughing, almost wheezing, and not just a little chuckling. The warm feeling returned. He rubbed water off of his face and looked at the alpha, staring at the beaming face. And right there he felt his heart slowly grow erratic in his chest. He was mesmerized by the alpha's laugh, the opened mouth full with mirth singing into his ears.

Junkyu unconsciously stretched his hand out, water dripping from his fingers. The wet tips gingerly brushed against JeongWoo's skin, and that was enough to make Junkyu feel some strangely unfamiliar sparks urging him to touch the alpha more. He wasn't in his heat, nor was he in a shocking state of just finding out he has another mate and the whole fiasco that had followed. His mind was as clear as the water inside the tub before he got in twenty minutes ago, so why was he unable to resist the call to be with the alpha? To resist the tantalizing fantasy of skin against skin.

Just a simple touch of Junkyu's hand against his face caused JeongWoo to shudder and stop laughing. It was then he noticed that there was a saccharine wisp of a scent floating through the air. It had unknowingly wound its way around him and wrapped itself around his being, seeping into his skin and lighting him aflame. It was intoxicating, and JeongWoo's pheromone gave its instant reaction of answering his mate.

The alpha gripped Junkyu's wrist that was near his jaw lightly, his fingers feeling the beating pulse. He closed his eyes as he rubbed his cheek against Junkyu's palm before his nose nudged on the lithe wrist, inhaling its scent deeply. Junkyu could have pulled away if he wanted to but he found himself loving the feeling of JeongWoo's skin against his.

He didn't know if it was an effect as the alpha's true mate or if it was because he legitimately wanted to be touched by JeongWoo. After a few seconds of consideration, he decided that it was both.

"You have to stop that, otherwise I might not be able to hold myself." JeongWoo whispered as he trailed his nose along the translucent skin of Junkyu's arm. It took all of his willpower to say those words. He wanted nothing more than to take Junkyu then and there, ravage him until the both of them could no longer stand.