The Morning After

The sun seeped through the curtains in Regina and Robin's bedroom, painting the couple in sunlight. Regina's eyes fluttered as the heat kissed her face. She rolled over to face her handsome soulmate as he continued to sleep. She leaned over him to see the clock and sighed when she realized it was 8am, much too early for her to be awake on a Saturday.

She decided to use this time to really look at the outlaw beside her. She admired how peaceful he looked, deep in his slumber. His eyes twitched and Regina smiled wondering what he was dreaming about. He was letting his beard grow and she noticed the peppering of red and brown in it. There was more red than she remembered.

Robin took a deep breath as he started to wake up. His dimples showed and Regina's eyes lit up. Out of all his features, it was his dimples that drew her in. She leaned forward and placed gentles kisses on each of them. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at her.

"Good morning," she whispered and placed a hand on his cheek.

"A good morning it is indeed," he smiled and pulled her closer to him.

"How did you sleep," she asked.

"That was the best sleep I've ever had," he said with a mischievous smirk. Regina sighed to which he responded, "Oh. You actually meant sleep."

They laughed and held one another in silence for a moment, still recovering from the previous night's activities.

"We should probably get up and see our children," Regina said finally.

"I'm not ready to be a parent today," Robin sighed and rolled onto his back.

"You better get used to it with another baby on the way," Regina laughed and kissed his chest.

He froze and she felt the room get tense for a moment. It would take time after hearing her story for him to warm up to the topic of children around her.

"It's okay, Robin," she said softly and forced him to look at her. "We'll deal with it."

"You've been through so much, Regina. How do you handle it?"

"For the longest time, with anger and hatred. The dark magic was a big help too. But someone told me recently that believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing. And here it is," she smiled.

"Hope," he said.

"And for the first time in my life, I'm hopeful that things will work out for us," she leaned in and kissed him on the lips for the first time that morning. She rolled over to get out of bed, but Robin leaned forward and pulled her back down.

"Leaving so soon? It's my morning breath, isn't it," he said with a laugh.

"You caught me," Regina laughed with him as she tried to escape his hold on her.

"You can't get away that easy," he said and started breathing on her face. Regina laughed and tried to look away, but he was too strong. He stopped and leaned down to kiss her before finally letting go.

They sighed and took a minute to recover.

"You know what would be absolutely perfect right now," Regina asked.

"Round 3," Robin rolled on top of her.

Regina hummed at the thought, but finally said, "A bath."

"I'll leave you to it then," he said rolling off her.

"Together," she added.

Robin looked at her and their eyes locked on one another for a moment before they shot up and made their way to the master bathroom.