𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊

Hades and Persephone find themselves sitting next to each other once again, facing the bronze statue of Joseph Crackstone

Hades and Persephone find themselves sitting next to each other once again, facing the bronze statue of Joseph Crackstone. Wednesday had found the pair earlier and ranted to them about her action-packed Outreach Day, including deterring tourists from buying fudge at Pilgrim World to kicking the ass of a Pilgrim boy. Mixed in with all that excitement was all the details of Crackstone's persecution of outcasts, particularly Hades and Wednesday's ancestor, Goody Addams. Wednesday had once again roped the two into helping her come up with a plan of revenge.

So as Wednesday set up her cello next to Jericho's high school marching band, Hades and Persephone plastered on innocent smiles as they waited in the audience. No one had to know that they had found small gasoline tanks for Thing to pour in the fountain and on the ground.

Mayor Walker jogs up to the podium and begins his speech, "Thank you. It is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." He gestures his hand to show off the statue.

"More like noble oppressor." Hades grits out under his breath. Persephone squeezes his hand to try and bring him some comfort.

"Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialised for eternity." The mayor's toothy grin finishes off his enthusiastically boring address to the crowd. The band starts playing a preppy arrangement of 'Don't Stop' by Fleetwood Mac as Wednesday looks like she would welcome death with open arms.

Mayor Walker prompts Principal Weems to face the hoard of cameras so that they may pose for some publicity photos. Persephone rolls her eyes at the fakeness of the whole situation. They're gathered to celebrate the life of an inhuman butcher of outcast lives and Weems is up onstage smiling like it's the best thing in the world. The big red button is pressed which triggers the fountain to start spurting water and the crowd to start cheering.

Wednesday's eyes flicker to Hades, who nods at the signal and taps the top of Persephone's hand with his finger twice. Persephone, who is sitting on the outer edge of the row of seats, whips a match out from where its tucked behind her ear. Pretending to tie her shoe, she leans down in her seat and passes it to Thing, who is waiting by her feet. She gives him a discreet nod and he replies with a thumbs up before setting off.

He strikes the match against the ground and flicks it to the trail he had marked out earlier. Sparks fly up as the flames circle around the marching band to the back of the fountain. Suddenly, a huge explosion erupts from the fountain. The crowd screams and scrambles to safety as Wednesday continues to play her cello with a smirk on her face. She starts playing an intense arrangement of Vivaldi's 'Winter' as the bonfire grows in size and smoke fills the air. Weems' eyes search frantically for the miscreant behind this catastrophe. Unsurprisingly, her attention is drawn to Wednesday Addams and her accomplices.