one

Aeryn paced back and forth as he bit and fumbled with his fingernails. For the past few days, he has sent riders, ships, anything he can spare, even himself at times, to look for Aemma and Lukes body. He searched from where their dragons were found, bit in half, all the way down the sea, it was as if both their bodies vanished, perhaps they were swallowed whole by Vhagar. Aeryn and Rhaenyra mourned their loss together and pledged vengeance.

Aeryn wanted Aemond dead. He wanted Alicent to feel pain, loss, grief. A son for a son. A son for a daughter. When Alicent did not receive word about Aeryn bending the knee to Aegon, she sent men to Dragonstone. The men returned, but their tongues did not.

Daemon, too, had been on board with the whole a son for a son and as Aeryn and the black council discussed a strike back, Daemon who was in harrenhal sent Aeryn and Rhaenyra a raven. "An eye for an eye, a son for a son. Aemma and Lucaerys will be avenged."

Aeryn has hoped that Daemon would go after Aemond, and bring the kinslayers head back for Aeryn, but he was very much mistaken.

A few days later, Aeryn held his head, a feeling of lightheaded washed over him as he looks over the note he received. Rhaenyra walks up to her husband. "What is it?" Aeryn looks up at his sister-wife. "Our Uncle sent assassins to kill Aegon and Helaena's son." Rhaenyra did not know how to feel. Her son had been avenged but at the cost of an Innocent. "Who sent you this?" she asked. Aeryn points to the name at the bottom. King Aegon. "How do we know this is true?" Aeryn shrugs. "We don't, but I will be flying to the Red Keep to meet with the greens." Rhaenyra stared at her brother-husband, wide eyed before shaking her head rapidly. "No, you can't. For all we know this could be a trap." Aeryn scoffed. "I have to go. I will take Valarr, I already sent a ship with a dozen guards, they will be there before me, if anything goes wrong, I will know it before i land." Aeryn reassured his sister-wife. She did not seem convinced though but held her tongue because as much as he is her brother, he is also her king.

It would take the ships two to three days to make it to Kings landing and would take Valarr and Aeryn a day or so to get there.

-

Finally, the time came. Aeryn made it to the red keep where Aegon and the greens were waiting. "Welcome, father." Aegon greeted his father.

Aeryn said nothing, just stared at his son. Aegon now wore the posture of a king, the conquerors crown on his head, the sword at the helm of his waist. Though he looked miserable. He smelled as if he drunk till there was nothing left to drink. "I am only here to pay my respect to Helaena and Maegor. I am not here for you." Aeryn clarified as he walked past the greens with four guards. Aegon goes to say something to his father, but Otto stops him.

Aeryn reaches Helaena's chambers where the servants said she has not left since then. Aeryn knocks on the door slightly. Helaena opens the door and Aeryn finally gets a good look at her. She was pale, her eyes red as if she been crying for days. Dark circles rested underneath her eyes; her hair looked as if it hadn't been washed in days.

Aeryn smiles sadly and looks at the guards, telling them to stay outside before rushing forward into the room, pulling his sister in for a hug. "I am so sorry." Helaena rests her head on her brothers' shoulders, silently crying. "If I had known what Daemon was planning, I would have never allowed it."

Helaena pulls away and looks at her older brother. "You have just as much to mourn for as I. I am sorry for your loss." Helaena said.