f o u r ; awkward and hilarious

F O U R ; AWKWARD AND HILARIOUS

The next day, Romina and Peter were in the gym, talking with the cheerleading team. Peter was taking pictures of them for their page in the yearbook while Romina got all their names so none of them were spelled wrong. The whole gym was swarming with people getting ready for the big game (homecoming or something, Romina wasn't really sure).

"You did that on purpose, Flash," Romina heard Missy Kallenback yell at the basketball player. She and Peter both turned to see an overturned paint bucket and a ruined poster.

"No," Flash replied, walking towards her, "but I should've! You better watch your back."

They went back to practicing and Romina rolled her eyes at the boy. Peter walked around over to Missy, picked up the bucket, and apologized on behalf of Flash. Romina watched with narrowed eyes as another basketball went flying in their direction but Peter caught it before more damaged could be caused. Missy looked surprised at his fast reflexes.

"Give it up, Parker," Flash called out.

"One sec," her best friend replied. He handed Missy his camera and walked to the middle of the court. "Why don't you take it from me?"

"Oh, no, Pete," Romina mumbled to herself, facepalming.

Everyone watched with mixture of confusion and amazement as Peter would move the ball from Flash's reach each time he went to grab it. Romina could see that her friend was way too proud of himself each time he faked him out.

Things like this could only end badly.

When Flash started walking backwards away, Peter dribbled the ball for several seconds.

"Come on, Parker!"

Peter ran at Flash, knocking into his shoulder and making the boy fall to the ground. In a second, Peter was in the air, flying towards the hoop. He dunked the ball but in the process, broke the glass of the backboard. He was still holding the rim in his hand as he stood up straight and turned around. Everyone had shocked looks on their faces.

"Alright! Nothing to see here!" Romina shouted to the gym, running over to Peter and grabbing his arm. She pulled him all the way over to the bleachers to grab both of their bags, hoping to get away before a teacher showed up.

But things never seemed to go Romina's way.

"Peter Parker," they heard a stern voice from behind them say. Both turned to see Mr. Cramer, looking highly upset.

"Shit," Romina blurted out, and immediately covering her mouth in shock. "I mean, shoot! Shoot!"

Mr. Cramer let out a breathy sigh and shook his head. "Luckily for you, Miss Clarke, your language is the least of my problems. Now, Mr. Parker, if you would accompany me to the principal's office."