f i f t e e n ; what friends do

FIFTEEN ; WHAT FRIENDS DO

Watching Peter and Harry skip rocks on the river wasn't how Romina would usually want to spend her time but seeing the two of them having fun and talking like the good old days made her forget how boring it was. She sat on a boulder a few feet away from them while they threw rocks. She had her phone pulled out and ready to take pictures. She didn't want to forget their little reunion.

Eventually the conversation shifted to Spider-man and Romina could feel herself tuning them out (because really didn't she get enough of that guy on a daily basis?). She quickly found herself absorbed in her never-ending Instagram feed. She didn't know how long she sat scrolling through countless dogs, food pictures, and kissing couples before Harry cleared his throat to get her attention. Snapping her head up, she saw him standing two feet in front of her, a small smirk on his face.

"Peter left," he stated, motioning to the spot where their friend once stood.

"How long ago?" she asked in turn, furrowing her brows. Was she really that oblivious?

Harry chuckled. "Not that long. Like a minute, tops." He took a few steps forward before plopping down on the boulder next to her. He looked over at her and smiled again. "Do you need a ride home?"

"My house isn't that far. I can walk," she replied, shaking her head. Shoving her phone back into her jacket pocket, she stood.

"Don't worry about it," he said, standing along with her. "I can take you. Besides that would mean we can spend a few more minutes together."

Romina suddenly felt her breath catch in her throat and her face heat up. She didn't know why she felt like this. Harry was her friend and they hadn't seen each other in a long time, he just wanted to spend a little more time together. She needed to get herself together and calm down. Harry was just her friend.

Her incredibly cute friend.

"Uh, yeah, okay," she eventually mumbled out, shaking her head at her own thoughts. "That's fine, then."

"Unless, you don't want to spend time with me?" Harry questioned, with an obvious hint of amusement in his tone.

Even though she knew he was joking, she still tripped over her words to correct herself. "No! Of course I want to! We haven't seen each other in a long time. I want to, I promise."

The boy laughed at her attempt and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Well, since you're so eager to, I guess I can."

The car ride was comfortable. Harry joked with her the whole way to her house. They sat side-by-side in the back seat of his company car and talked about pranks they used to pull when they were ten.

For once, Romina felt normal. Like the past year hadn't happened. Harry didn't know anything so they never had to talk about Spider-man or giant lizards. It was nice. She felt happy talking to him.