chapter 2: a whole new world~

"hey look at that guy" a middle schooler pointed at a man, whose body was covered with bruises and blood. The children cocked their heads to where their friend was pointing. The childrens gaze followed the injured man who slouched around the empty streets. Three of the kids showed concern while the other two laughed and mocked the poor guy.

"ahaha! Is he a zombie?" the child laughed.

"oh nooo! How scary!" the girl cried in a jokingly manner.

"you two quit being childish, he's clearly injured badly" a boy with light blue hair stated, scolding the two for their behaviors.

"yeah that was mean masaru! But... Monaca admits that was pretty funny" the short haired girl giggled.

The boy faced her after scolding the two kids "you too?!" he grimace, having no one on his side.

"i,i'm here too.." a boy whose entire head was covered by a mask spoke up.

                 -

Hajime banged his head into the concrete wall. He wince, as the expected feeling of pain came bursting in his forehead.

He dropped to the ground in despair.
This place... Isn't a dream. Although he should've known that already after pinching his cheeks on hours end and accidentally angering a bunch of scoundrels who started fighting him and.. whatever this is..

Hajime was just.. in shock. Well, who wouldn't be. The boy just discovered a whole new world, literally.
Just what did that creature thing do to him?!

"woah.. nevermind zombie, this guy's a lunatic!"
Hajime lift his head up and turned to the childish voice behind him.

"kyaaa! Ew, ew ew! So gross!" the girl in long pigtails jumped away in fear of getting the blood on her outfit.
A bunch of kids stood in front of hajime, their shadows darkening him and his surroundings.
The unfamiliar faces looked at him with disgust, fright, concern, curiosity and..
Wait a minute. That girl.. isn't she..

He stood up.

She's that child junko brought in!
He stepped back, bumping onto the wall.
Why is she here, did that wench find him!?

"are you okay mister zombie?"
The short haired girl asked.

"..y-you.." he glared at her.
"so.. that wench sent you? Ha, you may be a child but I do not show mercy to anyone! You and that ruler of yours shall perish in my hands one day!" he clenched his fist, he was about to run for it but stopped. That's right.. he should not do anything unwise, he does not know what junko has up her sleeves to sent a mere child after him. The best he could do is intimidation.

The girl watched in awe as hajime began yelling at her, no threating her actually.

This went on for a minute or so and as expected, his scaring tactic only weirded them out.

"..im starting to understand why the adults always tells us to uh.. what was it again? Do.. don't talk to apes..?" masaru said, shying away from the seemingly crazed man.

"don't talk to strangers" the blue haired kid sighed in disappointment.

"m,monaca.. let's get away from him, he's so not cute!" the pigtailed girl begged. Even the yandere types are atleast somewhat cute even with blood on themselves unlike this maniac, she thought.

"aw.. can't we just stay? I like how goofy he talks" the masked boy said.

"well stay here and die or whatever cause I'm so leaving! Hey monacaaa, let's go!"

"alright, alright. Bye bye mister zombi-" she stopped, getting good look at hajime's face as her body went numb. Now that she think of it.. she never really paid much attention to the man's face even though he was constantly threatening her, but now..