Fruits Basket Ocs

"Just because she carries you for nine months doesn't mean she ever wanted you. A mother's love is a precious gift and not always guaranteed. I...learned that the hard way." Wakane's words about her mother's absence.
Name: Wakane Sohma
Gender: Female
Age: 17-19
Height: 5'3
Looks:

Personality: A chatty girl, yet emotionally closed off, having a bit of trust issues when meeting new people

Personality: A chatty girl, yet emotionally closed off, having a bit of trust issues when meeting new people. She is surprisingly studious, unlike her laid-back attitude outside of school. Teasing -- loving to make terrible puns, spunky, and a bit superstitious. She loves to dote on her younger brother (not afraid to stand against Kyo when he's 'bullying' him) and has a gentle nurturing side only those close to her ever see.

Likes: Gardening, singing, reading, snow, ice skating, videogames, action movies, music

Dislikes: Cooking, running late, feeling lonely, no sense of humor, Hiro(at times), Akito, Yuki fanclub

Backstory: She was born into the family by her dad's side and her mother ran out on the two right after leaving the hospital. It was a struggle for him to convince his ex-girlfriend to carry the baby full-term, her mother preferring to have an abortion to get rid of the unwanted child. The young woman ran away back to the states with a new man, having no contact with them since then. This resulted in the dad and daughter pair all alone and he promised to never abandon her.
Years later, the two of them took a vacation on a cruise trip after she kept begging him to travel the seas. Unfortunately, an incident happened the day before they were supposed to go home, which resulted in her dad drowning. With no parents, she would've been forced to be placed in an orphanage if nobody stepped up to take her in. Many relatives looked down on the teen because of her mixed race, and Momiji's dad decided to accept the guardian role. He recently just had a baby with his wife and it meant he would be spending more time away from his son. If the forgotten bunny had a sibling then maybe he wouldn't feel so lonely about his lack of presence. Wakane moved into the home and the two bonded fast, both understanding loneliness quite well.

Crush: "People argue that summer is the best, but I prefer winter instead. The white flakes is pretty to most though best viewed from a distance. It's not that way for me. You see, snow is only cold for a moment but then it melts at the touch. I...really love snow." Wakane's indirect confession to Yuki.

Her and Yuki have somewhat known each other for years, but didn't begin playing together until one night at the New Year's banquet. Her and the shy boy became close friends and even when seeing his rat form, she wasn't bothered. Calling him cute instead of being disgusted like he feared her reaction would be. However, her father's death caused her to go through a deep depression, and two drifted apart in the process. This had a rather awkward start when she transferred to their school, Momiji trying his best to rebuild the wobbly bridge between them. When Yuki collapses at school, she sits by his side and they talk freely about their falling out, agreeing to start fresh.

During summer vacation trip she tries to confess to him, but he doesn't understand her hints until the moment had already passed. Even though he soon realizes their feelings are mutual insecurities prevent him from confessing to her. After she nearly follows her birth mother to America, Yuki then gains the courage to finally confess. Hoping he can make her happy the way he is, but they keep the relationship a secret because of Akito.

Others: • Same as Yuki she is a terrible cook and consumption will be hazardous.
• Deals with a bit of bullying at school because of her appearance (similar to her last one she was forced to transfer from) but she doesn't allow them to bring her down.
• Plans to go into nursing after graduation and assists Hatori at times helping teach her things.
• Quite a brave soul but is afraid of the ocean ever since her dad's death.
• Loves to sing for people and will often do so alongside her brother's violin.

"Before the world around me was always so gray and clouded, but meeting all of you has brought so many beautiful colors into my life." Shizuko words on the Sohma family as a whole.
Name: Shizuko Fujita
Age: 24-25
Gender: Female
Height: 5'5
Looks:

Personality: She is kind, hardworking, and someone who gets easily flustered

Personality: She is kind, hardworking, and someone who gets easily flustered. Can be a bit of an eccentric when it comes to art, and pours her heart into everything she creates. Known to a meddler but all out of good intentions, and is pretty good at reading through people's lies.

Likes: Museums, animals, drawing, reading, spicy foods, autumn, cycling, origami, shogi

Dislikes: Noisy places, deceit, heights, thunderstorms, Akito

Backstory: Shizuko has been drawling from a young age and though very talented is color blind. Being diagnosed with tritanopia at the age of six after a severe head concussion. Her parents is very unsupportive of her dreams in becoming an artist. Feeling it's impossible in her condition and should aim for something more practical. Still, she doesn't allow them to discourage her practicing almost everyday to improve. Shizuko has trouble selling her drawings with most not wanting artwork without color, which has her in a tight situation as she's struggling to pay the bills. Now down to just a few weeks left to spare to have something change. Otherwise, she will be forced to move back home and bury her dreams for good.

Crush: "Only people who have put on a mask can see right through somebody guilty of the same thing. I want you to be relaxed around me, showing the true hues of your heart that makes you, you." Shizuko words to Kureno.
The two of them met the first time when she was doing a babysitting job at the park. Exhausted from her constant working, she lost one of the kids and during a frantic search to look for them, a stranger offered to help. After finding the child safe, she invited to treat him at the cafe as a quick way to say thanks. They talked getting to know each other better though believes he is putting up a happy front. The same way she has many times these past few months, and its the first in a long time both is able to drop their act, even if only for a little while. A spark flared between the two and she hoped to run into him again one day...

Others: • Takes on small jobs often to earn extra money for art supplies and to simply make ends meet.
• She doesn't paint most of her creations out of fear in ruining them.
• Suffers from acrophobia after the fall back then.
• Has a pet hamster named Hovey.
• Despite her parents negativity, her younger brother supports her dream and has given money to help with expenses when he's able.