Rest

Classified System
Mother of Invention
Agent Michigan
<[---------------------------------------]>

"F.I.L.S.S, open up, I've got a delivery!" A hologram of a ring appears on the cockpits screen.

"Welcome back 479er, I see Agent Michigan was safely recovered." The AI speaks, now appearing on a screen in the troop transport.

"Safe, sure, but I'm freezin' cold, F.I.L.S.S." Michigan jokingly rubs his arms, faking a drop into temperature.

"Surely your thermal regulator is running correctly?" F.I.L.S.S sounds confused, "Shall I inform the R&D teams your armor requires maintenance?"

"Ughh... No, F.I.L.S.S... My armor is fine," Michigan sighs, "The moment I get access to your drives, I'm programming you to understand jokes."

"I've already requested the Director deny you all access to my systems." F.I.L.S.S states.

"Right, I know No means No, F.I.L.S.S!" Michigan shrugs, "Wished you let me add atleast a joke program."

479er pulls the Pelican into the MoI's Hangar, touching down, "Alright Mich, get out, leaving snow all over my floors."

"Right, Ciao, Niner!" They bump their fists together as the rear ramp opens, Michigan walking out of the transport, the hangar is as busy as usual.

Michigan approaches an elevator, and as he reaches it, the doors open, revealing the Counselor holding a data pad in hand, he smiles as Michigan enters the elevator.

"Welcome back, Agent Michigan," The Counselor taps on the datapad, "I take it the mission was successful?"

"Very, here's the data from the base." Michigan hands over the harddrive from his case, "The Shimmer works well enough too, it's power cells could use a boost though."

"Shimmer?" The Counselor tilts his head slightly.

"Right, yeah... I named it out in the field, it works with backgrounds, and outfits." Michigan's armor rattles, revealing an Insurrectionist, "All I have to do is look at what I want to be!" His armor rattles again and he is back in his own armor.

"Very good, Agent." The Counselor takes the hard drive from Michigan, dropping it into his pocket, "The Director would like to debrief you in his office."

"Got it." The elevator stops, and the Counselor walks out into the hallway.

"Have a nice evening, Agent." The elevator door shuts, Michigan taps his foot on the floor, humming as the elevator rises.

He begins humming Bella Ciao, a favored song, as it's meaning is deeper than words.

The elevator dings, reaching the uppermost deck, where the Directors office can be found, along with a few other offices.

As Michigan nears the end of the hallway, Carolina comes barging out of the Directors office, she's about to storm past Mich, but is caught by the forearm, "Mich, I'll knock you on your ass!"

"Better idea!" He releases her arm, holding his hands up, "What's wrong, Boss?"

"Urgh!" Carolina groans, "The Director just pulled everyone off EVERYTHING!" She leans against a wall, staring out into space, "All our assignments have been shelved, and we're waiting for orders."

"Huh... Does kinda suck, yeah." Mich hums, "Well-Hey, look at it like this... I just brought in a honeypot of Data, so we'll be back out there in no time!"

Carolina sighs, "Right... Stay positive, Mich." She steps away from the wall, bumping her fist again Michigan's chestplate, "Thanks."

Offering a two finger salute, Michigan turns back to the Directors office, walking through the doors as they open.

As Michigan enters, a small blue figure floats next to the Directors seat, it turns to face Mich, then vanishes, "Agent."

"Mission successful, sir." Michigan stands at rest, "The data has already been handed off."

"Very good..." The Director turns his chair to face Michigan, his glasses seeming to glow, hiding his eyes, "Take some time to rest, Agent, you've been out there awhile now."

"Three weeks a mission are easy, sir." Michigan smirks under his helmet, he relaxes, crossing his arms, "Makes all that survivalist training mean something."

"Very well, anything else?"

"Nothing, sir."

"Good, dismissed, Agent."

Michigan salutes, turning and walking out of the room, straight to the elevator.

<[---------------------------------------]>

Now comfortably dressed, Michigan is sat within an observation deck, staring out at the stars, a tablet in hand, the door opens behind him, and rushing footsteps approach from behind.

Michigan is then held in a headlock, "Son of a bitch, when were you going to tell me you got back?!" The voice belongs to a woman.

"In a bit!" Michigan turns slightly, catching a glance of his partner-in-crime, Agent California, "I wasn't gonna forget!"

California releases him, maneuvering to stand infront of him, "You definitely already did." She crosses her arms across her chest.

Her skin is fair, beautiful honey eyes stare into his different colored eyes, her hair is long, pulled into a tight tail, it has a dull black color to it.

"Okay, yeah... Maybe I did." Michigan cringes slightly, Cali moving to sit next to him, leaning her shoulder against his own.

"I'll forgive you on one condition." Mich turns to the woman, smile on his face, "My bunk?"

"I could get behind that..."

<[---------------------------------------]>

"There is no way in hell she's actually in love with him!" Michigan groans, staring at the TV, Cali is sat besides him, bowl of popcorn in her lap.

"Uh, you obviously haven't really looked at him!" Cali nudges Mich, "That man is a heartthrob!"

"Maybe a teenager would think that, he looks like a fuckin' methhead!" Mich argues.

"You just don't know what women like!" Cali pushes him lightly.

"It's like some model, liking that ugly dude from 200 Years ago!"

"Who?" Cali asks.

"Pete Davidson, or whatever." Mich sinks into the couch.

"Huh... He was ugly." Cali shrugs, leaning against Michigan.

The two continue watching the movie, enjoying the popcorn, when the movie reaches its end, Michigan says bye to California, and walks to his room.

Starting his few days of recovery.

<[---------------------------------------]>

Chapter two, I'm gonna have more chapters that're like this.

979 Words