3. First Day/ Three Headed dog

As Morning came around I woke up pretty bright and early in the morning. None of the other boys were awake so I changed into my robes and headed down into the common were I found Hermione already up bright and early.

"Hello there"

"Oh Hi, I thought I was the only one up" She said a bit surprised.

"Well I usually just sleep in but as today's first day of lessons, I thought I would just get up early" I said. She nodded and went back to her book.

"What are you reading?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm reading Hogwarts: A History. It's really one of my favorite books." She finished as she went on about what information you can find. It was honestly very entertaining.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm rambling on aren't I?"

"Oh no don't worry, I don't mind. It's quite interesting actually." She nodded and smiled a bit and looked at me  a little hesitant to speak.

"Um.. your tie." She said pointing at my messed up tie.

"Oh right, I don't how to tie it." I said.

She sat closer to me and grabbed my unmade tie and began tying it. After what felt like hours of just staring at her she looked up at me.

"That's better isn't it?" She said as I snapped out of my trance. I looked down at my Tie and it was perfectly made.

"Yeah loads, thank you." I said smiling at her and she smiled back. "We're did you learn to tie one?" I asked her.

"Oh.. uhm, My Mum always tied my Dads tie for him and I guess I learned how to do it too." She said.

"Ah ok." I said while nodding.

After that we just sat there looking at each other, it felt awkward but really nice as well, and Eventually she spoke.

"D-do You maybe want to go down for b-breakfast?" She asked going a bit crimson but not much.

"Oh, sure." I said as I got up and waited for her to put her things away.

Once she was ready we were off to the Great Hall for Breakfast. We had eaten and talked for a bit until we moved towards our classes.

There were a hundred and forty-two staircases at Hogwarts wide, sweeping ones; narrow, rickety ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump. Then there were doors that wouldnt open unless you asked politely, or tickled them in exactly the right place, and doors that weren't really doors at all, but solid walls just pretending. It was also very hard to remember where anything was, because it all seemed to move around a lot. The people In the portraits kept going to visit each other, and I was so sure the coats of armor could walk.

The ghosts didn't help, either. It was always a nasty shock when one of them glided suddenly through a door you were tying to open. Nearly Headless Nick was always happy to point new Gryffindors in the right direction, but Peeves the Poltergeist was worth two locked doers and a trick staircase if you met him when you were late for cass. He would drop wastepaper baskets on your head, pull rugs from under your feet, pelt you with bits of chalk, or sneak up behind you, invisible, grab your nose, and screech, "GOT YOUR CONK!"

Even worse than Peeves, if that was possible, was the caretaker. Argus Fich. Harry and Ron managed to get on the wrong side of him on their very first morning Filch found them trying to force their way through a door that unluckily turned out to be the entrance to the out-of bounds corridor on the third floor He wouldn't believe they were lost, was sure they were trying to break into it on purpose, and was threatening to lock them in the dungeons when they were rescued by Professor Quirrell who was passing by.