Chapter Twenty-Two: The Trouble with Shellshock

[Hope Peter Madden]

It has been a few days since my Birthday, Jason and I went out on dates and were happy with each other.

Nothing really eventful happen, except for the fact my dad knows about me and Jason, when he walked into my room and saw the both of us on my bed. He's okay with it, already knowing about our crushes on each other.

Let's just say it was an embarrassing conversation that morning, especially with Dad's teasing.

My body was pretty much covered in hickies, that it took a while for them to heal.

Today the seven of us were at the park, on the basketball court. Jason and Zack were playing against each other. Tommy was the referee. Billy, Trini, Kim and I were on the picnic table watching them.

I was wearing a white shirt, brown flannel, and beige pants.

Jason makes a shot, and we cheered.

"Yeah, way to go, Jason." Tommy said. "Go, Jason!" Trini shouted. "Go, JJ!" I cheered, using one of his nickname I use for him. "This one's for you, Petey!" Jason said, pointing towards me, and he continue going against Zack. I chuckled, at the use of my middle name's nickname.

"Hey, we're really happy for you, Hope." Trini told me. "Yeah, it took quite a while for you two to be together." Kim said. I chuckled. "Thanks guys." I said.

"Now, it's time for my "Slammer Jammer! Double Whammer! Hip-Hop Beat! Cause you can't stop it! Big disgrace, 'cause it's in your face! Long Shot!"!" Zack said. That was a pretty long name. Zack threw the basketball, and it made it into the goal.

Trini and Kim stood up cheering. Billy and I clapped. "Totally styling moves, Zack!" Kim said. Trini gave him thumbs-ups.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

Soon Jason swapped out with Tommy. We were still watching them on the picnic table.

Soon, Jason join in, him and Tommy are both a team, as they went up against Zack. They rest for a while, when the basketball rolls off.

Suddenly Putty Patrols appeared around the basketball.

"Look! Putties!" Billy said. "Come on!" Kim said. "Let's go!" I said. The four of us stood up, and went onto the basketball court.

"Everybody! Spread out!" Jason shouted. We spread out. The Putty Patrols ran towards us, and we begin fighting them.

Eventually Zack got the basketball back, he jumped towards the net and made a shot. The Putty Patrols gathered, and they retreated.

"Oh man, I'm late for karate practice." Tommy said, checking his watch. "We'll finish later." He told us. We said bye to Tommy, as he leaves.

"Hey, all this activity has left me famish." Billy said, seeing a hot dog cart. "I'm hungry, too." Trini said, her and Billy went towards the hot dog cart. "Hey, Trini, give me one with everything." Zack said. "And then some." Jason said. "And get one for Hope, hold the mustard." He said. "Thanks." I thanked my boyfriend, and peck his lips.

Kim, Billy, Jason and I were playing basketball. The basketball bounces off, and Bulk caught it. "Game's over, whimp boys. This is our space." Bulk said. "Yeah? Well, it's our space too. And that is our ball." Jason said, the four of us stood in front of Bulk and Skull. "Yeah." Zack said.

"Oh, your ball?" Bulk said. "And his mommy said, we can't play with it." He said, looking at Skull. "Aw." Skull said. The both of them laughed. "You guys, are so funny." Kim said. "Why don't you go back to the circus, where you came from." She said, and tried to grab the ball back, but Bulk pulls away.