Part 7 Approaching storm

Before I start this I want to just quickly apologies that I haven't been writing this for a bit over a week. I was diagnosed with skin cancer, so the treatment will take time off my days overlapping with studies, work and writing. So sorry if I won't be as active as before but I will keep on writing these because its a fun way to spend time and the cancer isn't that bad as it is in the early stages and will propably be gone in 4 to 6 months of treatment. Anyway thanks for reading these. On to the story.

"something" = Thinking.

*Something* = Character does something.

The summer vacation had gone by quickly as nothing interesting had happened after the whole bandit attack situation. After a week at the resort after the attack the group had gone back to the holy land and spent the rest of the vacation there. Val and Kenshi were sitting on a tree branch on the last day of summer vacation. They had both been silent until Kenshi spoke up.

Kenshi: What do you think about light and dark? Do you believe that darkness is bad, and light is good by nature?

Val: A good question. Well to be perfectly honest they don't have a nature. Both are needed to keep the balance in the world. That said, light is usually the more powerful force in the world as it has more people on its side. That is why darkness is always kept as the evil. There is more light and that means darkness has to push harder to maintain balance. That is the difference between the two.

Kenshi: So darkness and light are neutral?

Val: Yes.

Kenshi: Then is that the reason some people are more evil than others?

Val: Well in a technical sense it is, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

Kenshi: How.

Val: People that follow the light can be evil too. The light and dark clash on many things like crime and wars. Humans are just born greedy. The problem is that those with darkness and those with light usually don't gather around the other and form groups that have only one type of people. Then when the group decides that they want to do something considered as evil usually the whole collective joins in. The whole light and dark context is kinda stupid if you ask me even if those two powers are real. Both can be good and evil. usually the two just don't mix well. That's the only reason people keep the darkness as the evil and light as the good even if this is not the case and only happens because the world seeks balance of the two.

Kenshi: How do you know all this.

Val: My grandfather told me about it. The only reason I hunt darks spirits is to keep them away from humans if they seem dangerous. Any dark spirit that I deem a nonthreat I don't kill. There would be no reason to.

Kenshi: Okay.

Val: So you have anything else to ask about?

Kenshi: How do I go about talking to a girl?

Val raises his eyebrow.

Val: You are asking me this? You probably know about that more than I do. If you're after Yukine just tell her that you like her. Don't know what else to say.

Kenshi: But what if she says no?

Val: What's the worse that could happen? That she says no and then you move on with your life to a next target. Though if I'm honest with you, I thin Yukine's into you too. Don't tell her I said that though.

Kenshi: You think?

Val just nods a couple times.

Kenshi: I don't know...