[4. Coming Home]

"You'll never beat my Ancient Galloping Fury Power!"

"Up Smash! Up Smash!!"

"Okay, Sandy! Okay?! I'm trying! I'm trying!!"

Mei, MK, Sandy, and his cat, Mo, were gathered at the street corner to play Monkey Mech, a game that has been enjoyed by many generations.

While they were having fun, you did nothing except observe them playing it for about 20 minutes while sitting on Sandy's shoulder lazily.

Grandma said she wanted to spend time with Monkey King again, leaving you all by yourself... again.

You wanted to play just once, but they won't let you!

Basically, you begged them to let you duel Mei on the game. Sadly, MK won't allow it, even Mei, because they said you're too 'skilled' and knows all the 'cheats' for each character.

However, all you heard was that they were losers who didn't want to lose against someone who's actually stronger than them.

Mei's phone buzzed out of nowhere, causing you and the others to peek curiously at it. As she took out her phone out of her pocket, Mrs. Dragon, Mei's mother, was calling her.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, wondering why she called Mei this time.

You've only heard Mrs. Dragon's voice twice in your whole life. She once asked you about where's Mei since she hadn't returned home. The second time was when Mrs. Dragon asked for your help to look after Mei while she went on a five-month business trip.

Just from that, you could see right away that Mei and her parents don't really get along that well.

Mei let out a big sigh before turning around to respond to the call.

She proceeded to do her own thing as you climbed off of Sandy's shoulder and took over her controller.

You knew right away that if Mei's character wasn't being played, MK would easily defeat her and win this round.

You can't allow that to happen, not when he is obviously cheating.

MK was too busy beating up Mei's character to notice that you were standing by his side, ready to beat his character's butt.

You stretched your fingers first before rapidly clicked the controller's buttons, showing off your skills while eliminating MK's character like a fly.

"WHAT?!" MK gaped in disbelief. His character was defeated by Mei's right away! He was unable to even launch an attack because hers kept relentlessly hitting his.