Chapter 6 Keefes POV

I wanted to talk to Sophie. I needed to talk to Sophie. But I couldn't. Every time I tried to talk, only sobs came out. I couldn't stop crying. I felt like I was slowly falling apart. But when Sophie snuggled up beside me, I felt like everything was going to be ok. I could feel that she was concerned, and sad, but also that she was mad. Not at me, but at my dad. I needed to talk to Foster.

"Hey Sophie?" I choked out. I can't believe I called her Sophie. I must really be falling apart.

"Yes?"

"Can we talk in my head?" Each word was a struggle.

"Of course Keefe."

Hey. She transmitted to him.

Hey Foster. Thanks.

For what?

Everything. Thank you for being here. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for not asking questions, and just being here for me.

Of course Keefe. I love you.

I love you too Foster.

So, are you ready to tell me why you were crying so much?

I mean, you saw. You watched the memory.

I know. But you've never been this upset about your dad before. Tell me what's going on. I wondered how much I should tell her. Then I just decided to tell her everything.

I don't want to do this anymore.

Do what?

Everything. These daily fights with my dad, him calling me a disappointment, him not loving me. Everything. I could feel her emotions shift to sadness and worry.

I know Keefe. But you can do it.

No I can't. I can't do it anymore.

Yes you can Keefe.

No I can't. I started crying again.

You have to keep going Keefe. For everyone. She hesitated for a second. For me. As soon as she said those words, those two simple words, I knew I had to do it. Not for me, but for Foster.

Ok. I said. I'll keep going. For you. We sat there for a while. Then Foster said,

"We should probably get to Everglen."

"Ya." I agreed. So Foster took my hand, we both took a few calming breaths, she raised her pathfinder, and we glittered away. Together.

There is another chapter! (Me still talking to myself)