Chapter Kozukai -his pov-

I have spent months getting everything ready for Ryo to come here. Meticulous preparations have been undertaken to ensure proper care. I do not want to risk tampering with the female, even her personality may be a factor to the the successful awakening.
    Her enclosure is spacious acre and has an artificial river with fish. There are scattered woods, rocky dens and I even had them include a cell room that works as an entrance and exit to the enclosure.
   The base of the walls are solid stone 5 feet thick and stands 10 feet tall. The top is lined with customize fencing I made personally adding another 10 feet. Nothing can get in and nothing can get out.
    During the construction for her enclosure, I had to revamp my lab as well. Adding new equipment to better suit Ryo's build. I have much data to collect and can not allow for any mistakes. I may never have another opportunity such as this.
    After so much time dedicated to my goal I can't risk destroying this break through at all. Ryo has the answers to so many of my questions.
    "Lord Kozukai?" Jeremy calls out for me softly.
    "Yes?" I look up from my desk, pulled out of my mind.
    "Are you ready Sir?" He smiles and bows.
    "Indeed, let us depart. It is time to bring Ryo home." I smile excitedly and we make haste for the courtyard.
    It's not long after we arrive at our destination, but it is unrecognizable now. The buildings destoryed and burned, dead wolves of all ages lay scattered about. Their corpses left exposed to elements and scavengers.
   "The ruins of war will never change." I growl and step forward, Jeremy close behind me.
   Making my way into the destoryed warehouse proves just as indevourless. Nothing remains and all traces of Ryo have faded, most of it just polluted with the stench of rot.
   I can smell /them/ however, the pack wolves scent lingers heavy around Ryo's cell. They must have captured her, seeing what the wolves did to the ones here spikes urgency in me.
   "Jeremy." I look at him breifly, his eyes already understanding my thoughts.
    There's not a mass of blood in this room so Ryo must be alive... but for how long will those wolves keep her as such? She isn't like them..
    "Lord Kozukai Sir. One of my scouts captured a wolf that claims to have survived the attack that occurred here a few months ago." Jeremy bows and leads me to the start of the forest.
    I am hopeful this wolf proves useful and I can get a lead. One of his serpentine underlings shove a sickly looking she wolf to the ground. I look her over, "*Not even my failures suffer like she has.*" Shaking the disgust these wolves bring about in me, I look at the cowering female once more.
    "Tell me what you know of the black wolf called Ryo." I state firmly.
    "The..the.. the Beast?" Her voice so scratchy, it hurts my ears.
    "Yes. Where is she?" I order this time.
    "The White Wolves of Royalty took her..... I hear she is at a neighboring arena currently."
    "What are you doing here?" My gaze carrying my authority.
    "I..I was looking for anything to use as a by in." The she wolf gulps heavily.
    "A by in?" I rub my chin curiously.
    "Yes... If you wanna watch the Beast fight, you must give worthy tribute to the Pit Alpha..."
    "I see." I turn and look at Jeremy, "Have this wolf lead you to this arena she spoke of."
    "Yes Sir." Jeremy turns and pulls the wolf forward, "Shift and lead the way immediately."
   Without a word the female listens, this world conditioned her to behave as such. Her kind labeled and hunted like prey but never to satisfy a predator's hunger.
    I shake my head in disgust once more, "Solana!" I call out for the forest sprite. Watching the little fairy like creature appear, "Gather the others and return this area to nature. Leave no trace."
    "Right away Lord Kozukai." She bows slightly and shimmers away.
    Not wanting to linger here any longer, I head in the direction of Jeremy and I come up behind him instantly.
    "SIR!" He jumps forward startled as I put my hand on his shoulder.
    "What canyon is this?" I ask looking over the forest ledge.
    "It is the Fire Ridge, Sir. The name is due to the red tint of the stone and dust cyclones that look like blazing fires." Jeremy is incredibly knowledgeable, one of his best qualities.
    "I take it Ryo is down there?" I can't wait to get her.
    "Ye..ss Alpha.. Sir." The female spoke with shakey words.
    "Good. Jeremy you know what to do." I turn and the growing stench leads me directly to the settlement.
    I conceal my presence, even if a wolf were to look upon me they would be unable to see me. With no time to waste, I continue following the faint trails of her.
    Ryo has a very strong aura and it leaves residual effects, much like my own. She must be here currently for them to be so present the further in I go.
   I soon find enough myself in front of a large run down castle, the inner courtyard has great potential but no one to care it seems. "*Such a waste.*"
    I proceed deeper in and open large ornately carven wood doors. This appears to be the throne room, looking around I notice a pup hastily rushing towards an entry way to the left of the throne. I push it from my thoughts and step further in, slightly admiring the lost history these ancient walls hold.
    Returning to the present, I realize I am having trouble locating Ryo here. The squalor of this area proving even too much for me to handle. Mere seconds later I hear her though, Ryo's unmistakable snarl comes from the far left hall.
    Soon followed by the smell of fresh blood. "*Finally I have what I been wanting!*" I feel myself grin brightly as I make my way expectantly down the dimmly light pathway.
    "*I can't wait to take her home! The first thing I need to do is draw her blood. Oh wait I should introduce myself first. What should I say?*"
    Ryo is a wild child, a newborn pup that has been allowed to run rampant. Still, I have not felt such vigor in a long time, I have yet to officially meet this child. The effect Ryo is already having on me is undeniable.
    "*What will be the best way to get her to do as I say? These wolves use violence to control her but I need cooperation not submission.*" I settle my thoughts quickly and push open the large metal doors.
    Stepping over the dead wolf as I enter her cell. "Ryo!" I call out excitedly but she isn't here.
   I look around the room and see two very young pups curled up in the corner of a cell. The male has Ryo's scent all over him and the other is just common variety.
   "Young male pup! Where is the female that was here?" I order harshly, my concealment finally dropping.
  "Alpha Sir, she ran away carrying a white wolf." The boy never looks up at me but I can tell he is being truthful.
    "Why do you have Ryo's scent?" I step closer.
   "Sir, I serve Ryo as her cell taker and she left her mark." He sinks down further to the ground.
   "Is that so?" I walk into the cell intrigued further, "Does that mean you belong to her?"
   "I do not know Alpha Sir."
   "Does not matter, you will be coming with me as well." I bend over and pick the boy up, pulling him to my chest, "Why did Ryo run?"
   "The Rogue Killer was....scared.." I can feel the overwhelming confusion off the pup as he speaks.
   "Of course she was. I am the stronger then her." I laugh darkly, no one has ever sensed me when I didn't want them too. "Ryo.. You have my full attention now. I will have you!"
   I storm out of the castle carrying the pup, every other wolf around has hidden. I chuckle, they are probably all terrified and confused now. I run towards the coast, needing to get Jeremy up to speed.
   I am not gonna waste time trying to chase Ryo down, instead I will have her come to me. Chasing her will make her feel hunted, I do not want that to effect the future interactions bewteen us.  
   However, I can force the pack wolves to hand Ryo over. They would not care about her if I had their King. If it is as they say she would follow their orders as they probably dominated her as a pack.
   Most likely they plan to use Ryo as a weapon in their pointless war. It does not even take me five minutes to hit the ocean, Jeremy already shifted in his dragon form. He lays in the sand, the female wolf no where in sight. I chuckle knowingly, he has a full belly hence the nap.
    "Wake up Jeremy." I walk over and knock my foot in to his front limb.
    "Take us back." I climb up between his wings and lay down.
I hold the motionless pup tightly, his body nearly curled in a ball. "Fly slow Jeremy. I have Ryo's pet for her enclosure."
    I look down at the little pup, his eyes tightly closed. He stinks and we both are in need of sterilization before entering the inner compound. I have too many sensitive materials and experiments going to risk contamination.
   "Jeremy take us to Cleaning Station 2-70F." He shifts his direction instantly lands on the west side of my territory in moments.
   With in seconds of landing, two female wolves come rushing out in their human forms, "Lord Kozukai!" They throw themselves on the ground at my feet, "You honor us with a rare visit!"
    "Rise 178 and 183." I set the boy down in front of the females, their gaze flickering down to him. "Ashley and Dawn, this is R-01. Sterilize him, see him fed and dressed. Upon completion return him to Jeremy." I turn and face my right hand, "Bring the pup to the vetting station and prepare him for release."
    "Yes Sir." Jeremy turns and looks down at the child, "R01 follow the females and behave. Do as they say and return promptly." Jeremy orders firmly.
    I watch as they scurry off back into the house. In this section of the compound, I keep the three DNA coded females. They are a combination of Wolf, Lycan, and Vampire. Nothing notable to speak of but they do aid with younglings and new comers when needed.
    The creatures that reside here are separated based on species and skill traits, keeps problems minimum.
These females have strong motherly desires that make them perfect to handle freshly birthed embryos.
   Unsure as to what triggered such a spike in that instinct, I studied the brains of some that died... It proved unhelpful as well.  In the end I attributed it to the werewolf being strong pack creatures.
   Leaving my thoughts I turn and follow the path to my own section of this Sanctuary. Without wasting a moment I strip and burn my old clothes. Then step into the decontamination hall.
   Hot steam and a mixture of chemicals is sprayed out, cleansing the stench and vileness from my body. Feeling clean, I dress into a black suit and hastily make my way to the inner sanctum.
    It isn't long before I am standing outside my Lab and staring at Ryo's empty enclosure. Jeremy comes up to my side holding the unconscious pup.
    "All went well?" I ask looking the boy over, Jeremy dressed him in a basic tank and shorts.
   "Yes Sir. He passed all screenings and has been given level 1 vaccinations. R01 is sterilized and chipped, ready for release." Jeremy bows and steps forward holding the pup carefully.
   "Good, go set him in the forest by the river. He will be able to fend for himself from this point." I smile to myself, pleased that I came across one of Ryo's pets.
    "Yes Sir." He disappears into the exquisite habitat.
   I walk into the observation room adjacent to the entrance and flip the power switch. Soon I will be busy, finally able to study and observe Ryo. I have much information to gather and sort through. Having this boy run about will be a good test of the equipment.
    No part of this enclosure is left unseen, the monitoring system is completely digital. The software tracks the chips and relays information 24/7. Vitals, each electrical signal, it is all recorded. A sub-dermal implant at the top of the brain stim. Had I created this device sooner I never would've lost one of my creations.
     Satisfied everything seems to be in order, I turn and meet Jeremy at the entrance. He locks up the fortified door and follows me to my study. We walk in silence, Jeremy giving me a chance to focus my thoughts.
    We enter and take our usual positions, "Jeremy I want to meet the wolves' current appointed King." I fold my arms across my chest.
    "Sir?" He looks unsure.
    "I want to bring their King here have a chat with him and then exchange him for Ryo." I smile, "Sometimes the simplest approach is the best."
   "Lord Kozukai why do you wish to waste your time with a mere mortal wolf?" Jeremy gazes forward with disapproval.
   "I wish to know why the wolves are still continuing to fight. I'm curious if they even know why they still war amongst themselves." I sigh deeply.
    "You will only be disappointed Lord Kozukai. For the werewolves have fallen so far from the Moon Goddess's graces. To even call them your Kin-"
   "D147!" I snap at Jeremy angerly, "Mind yourself immediately child!"
   "Forgive me Lycan Lord Kozukai. I stepped out of line." He stands up and bows.
   "Indeed Jeremy you did. You are dismissed, go do your rounds." I motion him out and turn away from the door.
   Deciding where the best spot will be to house the werewolf King. I must get ready, I can't chance any leak of information. I rise and make haste to the first sanctuary created on this island.