Chapter 11

"Okay so there's a nice flat in London, you can still attend university then." Ringo looks at the newspaper then at me.

It was the day after my panic attack and my first day of the medication and the side effects were effecting me so I was bed bound. "I- I don't want to go to uni again." I sigh. "Well drop out then." He looks at me then gets comfy on my bed. "Well that was my plan yesterday Richard."

"Ay don't full name me, cheeky." He giggles. "Well this flat is in a nice place, my work is nearby, I'm sure you could find something." He says. "Like what, working in a dumb bakery?" I mumble. "Ay me mother owns one of them!" He frowns. "Sorry- sorry..." I cover my face. "No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised me voice." He moves my hands away gently and I look at him. "Maybe ye should take that engagement ring off." He smiles and takes off my ring and sets it aside.

"Th-thank you." I blush. "It's my pleasure." He kisses my forehead softly and I hold his arm. He looks down at me with his blue drowsy eyes and I look at him. He clears his throat. "I'll give em a call yeah?" He stands up. "I- uhm- yes.." I sit up. "That's grand then." He quickly leaves my room.

**************

William tried to contact me everyday for the next month, he even sometimes came over to start scraps which John quickly dealt with. "I can't believe you're leaving Penny." Brittany walks into my empty room. "Neither can I really." I sigh. "Are you sure this is what you want? Picking some dumb musician over someone who actually has status and money?"

"Rit-Ringo is not dumb okay! At least he has common sense unlike William." I mumble and pack. "Your mother won't like this, if you marry Ringo-"

"Maybe I won't marry Ringo, stop fucking going on about marriage, you sound like my mother." I look at her. "But it's true, she wouldn't want someone like him getting the estate."

"And what is he like hm?" I cross my arms. "Well, working class.. his family aren't exactly rich.."

"He's earning more money than your entire family has ever earned in a lifetime."

"Yeah he is now Penelope, have you even told him what he's getting into? What he has to take on if he does decide to marry you?" She crosses her arms. "I won't be accepting that role when my mother dies anyway." I say. "You have to Poppie, it's the reason why you were born."

"I'm not fit to be a lady, hense why I'm with someone who you bloody think isn't fit to be a lord! After what I have been through, the abuse from my mother, I don't want to carry on that disgusting bloodline. And if I have to take that role then I'll never have children of my own. The world is better off without my family with power like that Brittany." I grab my bags and walk downstairs.

Ringo is waiting at the bottom and he smiles at me. "Ready to go?"

"Yes I can't fucking wait." I walk outside quickly leaving Ringo in a shock. "Eager aren't we." He chuckles and opens the car door for me. I sigh and get inside.

We arrive at the flat and Ringo carries all the bags in. "So what do ye think?" He looks at me. "It's, average."

"Is that it from a posh bird like you?" He chuckles. "I'm no bird Ritch." I walk into my room and look around. "You want yer own room then." He stands in the doorway. "Yes I would like that." I look out the window. "I'll bring yer stuff in then." He sighs.

The view from my window was straight onto the busy street, mainly people heading home from work.

Ringo luggs in all of my stuff and looks at me. "John will make sure William doesn't know where we are." He says to me.

"What about the press. They'll see us, and William will find out." I turn to look at him. "Tiger I'm trying to help ye okay? I don't know what else to do." He says. "There's nothing you can do, I've already said that to you, you shouldn't have gotten into this." I sigh and sit on the bed. He goes to walk over to me but stops himself and gulps. "Uhm- wha- what would you like for dinner." He asks me. "I don't mind, I eat anything... And I can cook for myself-"

"No, I'm cooking tonight okay?" He says to me. "Y-yes sir.." I gulp. "Tiger I'm sorry..." He sighs. "Just go." I mumble. "Right.. yes.." he leaves the room.