Telling Charlie

Hermione's POV

I finish icing the cake and put it in the fridge. Before checking on dinner. Which is spaghetti. I hope Charlie likes it and takes the news well. But maybe I should cancel. This will turn his life upside down. I don't want to take him away from his work and I don't want to leave mine. How can we raise one baby together, let alone two?

Something rubs against my leg purring. I look down and smile at Crookshanks. Maybe I should get him a friend? He appears lonely since I left school. I hear a knock on the door. I wipe my hands and go answer it to see Charlie with a box.

"Evening Charlie, what's with the box?" I ask him curious.

"I know it's six weeks late, but it's a birthday present" he says sheepishly as I close the door.

"A birthday present? For me?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah" he says placing it on the counter. He gestures for me to open it. I nod and lift the lead. I gasp at the sight of the kneazel kitten. I pick him up.

"He's gorgeous" I state.

"His name is Koshkin" he tells me. I giggle as the kitten nudges me. "What's so funny?" he asks me curious.

"I was just thinking about getting Crookshanks a friend and here you are with me" I tell him.

"Huh, guess great minds think a like" he states. I nod my head with a smile as Crookshanks appears. I place Koshkin down and Crookshanks sniffs him. Koshkin pawed at him and Crookshanks flattened his ears before heading over to his food bowl. Koshkin follows trying to bite Crookshanks tail. Who whacked him with it, making Koshkin sneeze.

"I think they'll get a long fine, once Koshkin knows his boundaries" I state.

"Sure he'll learn quickly, kneazels are smart" Charlie states. I nod my head in agreement. "So what's for dinner?" he asks me.

"Spaghetti and cake for dessert" I tell him.

"Sounds perfect" he says with a smile.

"How was Banksia?" I ask him.

"She was good, though is getting restless. Not expending enough energy. So it'll be good for her to play with other dragons when we return tomorrow" he states. As I serve the food.

"Right, you're leaving tomorrow" I mutter as I sit down.

"You ok Hermione?" he asks me.

"Yeah just a lot on my mind" I tell him.

"Well if you ever need another vacation, my door is always open" he tells me. I give him a smile and we enjoy dinner making small talk. When we finished, he helped me with the dishes. "So what's on your mind?" he asks me curious.

"What?" I ask him.

"You've been wanting to tell me something all night, I can tell" he states. "You can tell me anything" he tells me. I bite my lip as I put the last bowl on the dry rake.

"Why don't you get the dessert out of the fridge, I'll get us plates" I tell him. He nods and I grabbed the plates. While he went to the fridge.

"Um Hermione, does this mean what I think it mean?" Charlie asks holding the cake. Which says 'It's Twins'. I nod avoiding his eyes. "You're pregnant?" he asks shocked. "With twins? Our twins?" he asks.

"Yes, the healer confirmed it today" I tell him. As tears well up in my eyes. "Stupid hormones" I mutter turning my back on him wiping my eyes.

"But we only did it once and how can it be twins?" he asks me.