Chapter 28 - Smack in the Face.

Of couse I didn't know that Amy was out in a whole different state, so I decided to settle down with MJ. I made him a sandwhich with some lays chips, and watched him eat it at the table. Meanwhile, I sat on the couch that was in the middle of the room and cut on the tv. Of course, the news bulletin about Robert Kennedy's murder, circled the news.

"Today, a masked man dressed in all black made his way into Robert Kennedy's victory press conference around 10:00pm." The newswoman standing in front of the building said. "While the democratic party winner was giving his victory speech, the man snuck up on him and shot him at point blank range while security guards watched. The masked man then used a rope to strap to the top of the building and escape while the place was reaking havoc. Robert Kennedy is still in critical condition."

But before I could even react, the home phone rang. I already knew that it was Melvin.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You're fucking amazing!" Melvin whispered over the other line. "Did you do that?"

"Hell no!" I whispered back over the other line. "I thought that you might've done that?"

"So there's somebody else that wanted to kill him as well?" Melvin whispered over the other line.

"I guess so." I whispered again.

Melvin didn't say anything afterwards. He sat on the other line silent for a while, which indicated that he was going to say something dumb.

"Marilyn, I want to come over again sometime soon." Melvin asked.

"I don't think so." I said in a stern tone. "I'd rather you not."

"No i'm talking about to see the kids again." Melvin said. "Not to do anything sexual or nothing like that."

"Alright. I'll try to plan a date later.." I snarled as I shook my head.

"Okay. Also Marilyn, i'm sorr-"

"You know what, I have to go." I said in an irritated tone. "I'm really not in the mood for this today."

"I was just apologizing for my behavior, Marilyn." Melvin said in a low tone. "Can you just hear me out?"

"Yeah I hear you, but i'm not in the mood right now." I growled.

"Wow. Now you're going to start acting all mean and shit, huh?" Melvin laughed.

"You really think that i'm joking when I say that i'm done?" I laughed back. "Really?"

"Yeah alright. You'll say that you're done and you'll be right back." Melvin laughed. "Cut it out."

"Alright. Watch me."

"Mhmm. I love you." Melvin laughed.

But I wasn't joking at all. I was dead serious. After Melvin said that, I hung up on him and continued on with my day. I was sick of Melvin's bullshit and I was tired of being bullshitted. For once, I was proud of myself. I was happy from my progress.

The next day was a bright and warm morning. I put on my make-up along with some baggy jeans with a white tank top, and took MJ with me as we drove over to Amy's friends house. Amy came back the day before and told her friend everything. She was over the age of 18, so her friend had her own house. I pulled up to the house and knocked on the door, when Amy flew in front of it and smiled at me.

"Hello mom!" Amy cheered as she looked at me.

"Hello?" I said in a weird tone as I glanced her up and down. "Uhhh......are you ready to go?"