⁰⁴ dragonstone

DAMSEL

chapter four ━━ dragonstone

I combed my silver hair carefully. Studying every single detail of my face through the mirror. The wooden comb caressed the soft, long I combed my silver hair carefully. Studying every single detail of my face through the mirror. The wooden comb caressed the soft, long, and shining bright locks. My bright lilac eyes shone with the help of the burning fire. It lighted up the room, making visible the tons of freckles that decored my glowy skin. The sun-kissed blush of my nose and cheeks. Even the light blackberry shine my lips had.

"You are beautiful." I yelped slightly at the sudden voice.

I looked over my shoulder. Letting my loose hair fall effortlessly over my back and chest. I didn't notice the entrance of Daemon through the secret passage of my wall. Not even that he sat on the bed and gazed at every single of my movements.

"What─"

"You are the most beautiful lady the King's Landing has ever had." He repeated.

"Did you hit your head before entering?" I jested as he chuckled.

"Your father did with his words." He clenched his jaw as he breathed out those words.

"Why?" I quizzed, "What have you done?"

I was teasing him but the intense, serious look and mortifying silence his presence was giving told me how badly he messed up.

"The Heir for a Day." He admitted.

My mood soured slightly. The teasing smile turned into a saddened and confused mix of frown and pout. Why? Why had he to do it?

I stood up and tried to walk away. But he was faster and stopped me in my truck.

"Why would you do it?" Tears started to swell. "Just─ just why?"

His strong hands gripped my face. His thumbs caressed the apple of my cheeks. His eyes were wetting. His mouth opened, trying to voice his reasons.

"Please," he muttered. "Don't pull me away. Not you, please."

"You already did it. With your actions, you have left me alone in here." I accused.

"Mahelys, please." He begged, pressing his forehead against mine.

Tears run down my cheeks. Heavy breaths left my lungs. I pulled away slowly cleaning the tears away. Meanwhile, he nodded, eyes trained on the floor. His hands became fists. His sadness turned into anger. He left within minutes, closing the passage door with a strong blow not watching how I flinched at the outburst.