PRELUDE: A CRASH COURSE WITH DESTINY

Don't let the red and gold suit fool you, this isn't a happy story. Sure, this is a world full of colorful costumed heroes but it's not all rainbows and sunshine, no matter what anyone else tells you.

If you want to hear this, you need to do something for me. I need you to believe in the impossible.

It almost feels wrong for me to ask, but it's the truth. So, can you do that for me?

Good.

Now, I want you to imagine what it would feel like to be that. What do you think it feels like? It's a little harder to explain than you'd imagine, but uh... I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself; I am the impossible.

That sense of being impossible, I know how it is. It's like every breath is easy, invigorating, each somehow better than the last. Every step is like you're practically floating. I can learn an entire college course in minutes. All those unreachable goals you've been striving for, will always be in the palm of your hand now. In a sense, you become everything you've ever dreamed of and everything you couldn't have possibly imagined.

It makes you feel unstoppable, like the entire world is one giant playground. One moment you can be laying in your bed in California and the next you've decided to take a quick run to the top of Mt. Everest, and it's only a minute between both destinations. It just feels like a dream... and that's where the trouble begins.

Everyone thinks about the positives of the impossible, but never stop to think about the other side of it: the nightmare.

Nobody expects it to happen, but when it comes, it hits hard. There are things you simply cannot outrun, and it's in those times that I'm thankful for the red suit. It hides the blood better.

Here's a fact for you: no matter how impossible or rare you might be, there will always be something else that comes along that's even greater. Sometimes it's within reach, but then there's other times that it feels unreachable. Suddenly it grounds you, brings you back to reality and you don't feel unstoppable anymore.

It is in that moment when you no longer feel unstoppable that everything really begins, and that is where my story begins... at the end.

My name is Stiles Stilinski, and this is how it feels to be the impossible.