Chapter Two: A Chance Encounter with Destiny

I know how it feels to be powerless too. In fact, I've known how it felt for basically my entire life. It wasn't until a few months ago that all of that changed, but that'd be getting ahead of myself again.

I could joke and say "I bet you're wondering how I got here?" but I think we can all agree to just skip that nonsense and get to the point. To explain everything, it all started back in 1987 when my father, Noah Stilinski, started his first day in the Central City Police Department.

The blaring horns from passing cars were blocked out by the radio in twenty-three year old Noah Stilinski's vehicle as he drove to CC Jitters in an attempt to get his morning coffee. It was barely five in the morning, but Noah had a long day ahead of him. It was his first day on duty as a member of the CCPD alongside his best friend Joe West.

They'd been right alongside each other in the Academy, helping each other the best they could. Thankfully all of their hard work paid off, and they now had the badges to prove it.

Joe was probably still in bed as he wasn't a morning person, and he had just celebrated his anniversary with his fiancée Francine last night.

That was a solemn topic for Noah. It was one of his biggest dreams in life to have the family he never got to have growing up. All he had were memories of his father treating him like he wasn't worth the dirt beneath the soldier's boot.

One might think that having a father in the military would warrant a rather grand and adventurous life, as you'd get to go to places you might not otherwise get the pleasure to. Most people would also assume you'd have a parental figure worth being proud of.

That was not Elias Stilinski.

Elias was a dark, cruel, hostile, rude, and vindictive man; he was the opposite of what Noah wanted to become. Elias had been an engineer in the U.S. Army when he was young during World War II, which he'd describe as the best years of his life.

Many years later, Noah was born, but it didn't mean much to Elias. His family situation wasn't a loving one, as Elias was both verbally and physically abusive to his wife, which angered and bothered Noah to no end.

Noah could recall multiple occasions where he got in between his parents, which led to him getting injured, notably when he was pushed through a glass coffee table. As a result, Noah had a deep scar on his collarbone that still had tiny bits of glass stuck in it after nearly six years. That was when he was seventeen, and his mother finally left Elias, never returning once Noah moved out.

As far as Noah knew Elias lived in Beacon Hills, California. However, he hadn't gone to look into his father's whereabouts too much. If anything he wanted nothing to do with him, which prompted him to change his name. His name brought back painful memories every time he heard it, and he needed that fresh start; he needed the freedom of being unattached to his father. Noah's mother had given him permission before she passed, and had even told him the other name she had considered before he was born.

So, here in a couple weeks his name would legally be John Stilinski. The thought of it alone brought a smile to his face. As bad as it was to say, Noah wanted nothing to do with Elias, but his father was a monster and he wanted nothing to do with that kind of person.

His thoughts were on the road as the vehicles finally started moving, tapping on the steering wheel in rhythm matching the radio.

Smiling as he drove through the intersection, Stilinski soon found himself in the parking lot of CC Jitters. He was just about to go inside when he heard screeching tires and saw a woman in the path of an oncoming car, oblivious due to a large amount of papers in her hand.