Ch. 1

My life wasnt always the darkness or the streets, I remember a time where I was living in a small house with a roof over my head

My life wasnt always the darkness or the streets, I remember a time where I was living in a small house with a roof over my head. But that was decades ago, I dont even know if that same little girl with a bright smile. With eyes that went wide whenever her father was playing the piano because she wanted to sing along. I dont think that girl even exists anymore, because that girl should be looking back at me in the mirror. But all I see instead is someone with anger and hatred in their eyes. I sighed as I brought my black choppy hair back into a ponytail and finally turned away from the mirror. The mere sight of the person in the mirror disgusted me, because all I thought back to was the young girl that she likely killed.... That I killed.

Sighing I grabbed my beanie from the sink side and pushed the door to the bathroom open being meet with the sound of the street coming in from the open window. I looked over at the small rectangular window with its green glass making me smile as feet passed by. I chuckled a bit as I walked over to the cupboards and pulled out a box of fruit loops. I opened the tattered box and cursed as I realized that the bag was empty I threw my head back looking at the ceiling. I took a deep breath and slowly started to count to three and once I did I yelled out "SIMON!" after a moment of the yell I heard a thud and then grumblings followed by a door opening. I moved to look at the door and my eyes widened at seeing Simon, he was rubbing his eyes as he than went to put on his glasses, but his curly hair was still in the way. But that wasnt the thing that I was mainly looking at, because quickly after looking at his face I trailed down to his chest seeing that he was indeed shirtless. Simon was lean, however he had muscles, and his slight abs did prove it but the thing that was worse was that simon was- I quickly brought my head up and threw the box at Simon before turning around. "Simon get some fucking cloths on please! An replace my fruit loops next time you asshole" I was looking away from him but that didnt stop the heat at the back of my neck and at my ears. I gasped as I felt hands wrap around me and heard a soft hum as simon said "Im sorry Silver Bul-" I brought my elbow back into Simons gut making him groan as I pulled away sighing. "Windows open dumbass, now get dressed Im going to head out ok?" Simon sighed as he turned around heading to his room with a dismissive wave of his hand "yeah yeah, just be safe out there alright?" He stopped at his door and turned back to me his brown eyes meeting mine "be safe El, Im serious I would be literally pissed if you died alright?" I nodded as I grabbed my sack bag from the coat rack and said "I know, dont get hurt, no talking to noone, and dont get caught I know the drill boss... dont worry." I watched his eyes narrow to a glare as I said boss but I didnt care as I turned and opened the door and headed out into the main world ready to get todays work done.

Walking down the hallway with some doors on either side I just focused on the stairwell that was infront of me. The hallway itself was dark with a weird yellow green lighting, but it was the home, and up that stairwell was the unfamiliar above. Once passed the door of the stairwell and into the main building I tried to blink my eyes into focus, the lights where so much brighter than what I was used to below. I looked around the empty lobby before heading out of the building entirely, and into the busy city streets. But from there things started to blur, as they always did because the focus was on doing the task that was on hand. Before I knew it I was in the store passing down the isles one by one carefully slipping stuff into my bag that we needed. A box of cereal and a couple of mac and cheese boxes, I continued to move down the isles one by one. I stopped once I got to the next isle as there stood a security guard "Listen girlie, we need you to drop the bag make it easy for us ok?" I cursed under my breathe as I looked around and shook my head this was not what I had planned.