Ch 2

Chapter Two

ELIZA'S POV

ELIZA'S POV

"-iza, Liza. Hey Liza." I opened my eyes expecting to be in the lab like usual, but instead, I was in a park. I frowned as I looked around at little kids playing on swing sets and slides and climbing up what seemed to be a tower. "Liza, are you ok?" a voice asked making me turn my head coming face to face with a young boy with blazing red hair. "Yeah I'm fine" confusion flooded my head at the voice that left my mouth, perhaps this was a memory? I gasped as I felt things change, and it seemed I was correct as now I was watching a younger me talk to the redhead boy.

"Where you thinking?" the boy looked at my younger version making her giggle as she nodded "yeah thinking about beating you in a race! Tag." I watched the two laugh as they ran off doing the start of their race. I smiled watching them run away before I frowned knowing what memory this was. "No-" I gasped as I opened my eyes and there above me was a bright and blinding light. "N-No, No" I choked out trying to move my arms but it felt like they were lead, but with the little movement, I managed I felt that my wrists were restrained. I whimpered as I stayed there the light blinding my eyes, this place was all too familiar and, all too painful.

A moment passed then I ended up hearing the sound of glass shattering against the floor as footsteps quickly made their way to me. I heard gasping as the light was moved out of my face and then was replaced with all the familiar face of Simon. I mustered a smile as he looked at me with a smile whispering "I'm glad you're ok." I nodded slowly as I felt him start to undo my restraints which made me sigh in relief, even if I couldn't move. I felt him grab my hand and then I felt his hair graze my hand as well. I smiled as I slowly moved my fingers through his hair and said softly "Did you fix me up doc?" I heard the harsh laugh come from Simon as I saw his head rise and he was in my view as I turned my head to the side.

"Why are you crying" I whispered looking as the tears ran down his face, it was something that was strange and created this tightness in my stomach. "I-I was worried that I had killed you" he choked out with a sob following right after. I smiled as I reached for his hand again wishing he quickly embraced me. "You know, it's gonna take a lot to kill me, Simon, trust me I won't be going anywhere anytime soon."

"Shut up, please just be quiet and stop messing around for a moment. Because I'm being serious El, please look at me." I felt Simon's hand trying to move my face to look at him as I had turned away stubbornly. "That's the thing, Simon, it's fine alright, I'm alive I don't want to talk about it." I continued to stare at the blinding light regardless of the pain. I flinched as I felt his hand on my chin and forcefully move my head to look at him. I saw his brows furrowed, and his expression was the one he had on in serious situations. He was no longer the loving Simon, he was "Sorry Doctor, I should have taken better care of myself." I flinched as he scoffed and said "yeah, you're lucky that I saved you. If not you likely would have legs that resembled that of a burnt piece of steak." I rolled my eyes to which I felt his hand on my chin again and he tightened his grip whispering "Don't you have something to say to me?"