seven

Waking up alone was never a good feeling. Especially after a night like the one you had.

Everything felt like a fever dream and part of you wished it was. No way you walked to some random dude's apartment- practically threw yourself at him and stayed the night.

If anyone asked, you'd say a ghost took over for a few hours 'cause what the hell.

Luckily, Eren left a note on the tv.

"Hey Princess, I have practice this morning to prepare for tomorrow's game. Feel free to explore, I'll be home soon. -Eren"

His handwriting was a lot better than you expected and the fact that he thought to leave a note had your face heating up and your heart fluttering.

Now that you had permission to 'explore' the first thing you wanted to do was get ready for the day. And the best way to start is to find something to wear.

Since he lived alone, and had a huge closet and dresser there were a lot of things to go through. Starting with his dresser, you found a T-shirt and boxers that fit well enough to be shorts and underwear.

After a quick shower and getting ready, you searched his bathroom for extra toothpaste. Most people have extra ones in their bathrooms and you'd rather not have bad breath your first real day hanging out with him.

As expected, he had multiple packs of toothbrushes and toothpaste probably from hotels that he had to stay at for games.

Checking in his closet because you're nosy, you found an entire rack dedicated to his football equipment. There were multiple jerseys from all different stages of his life, maybe wearing one of his high-school jerseys would be a nice surprise for tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe you'd be his good-luck charm, and it'd piss off Historia.

Feeling refreshed you figured it'd be a good idea to look around to see what type of stuff he liked to do outside of football.

He had pictures of him and his friends all over his house in varying age ranges. It was obvious that they'd all known each other since their childhood and were good friends.

The house was decorated well considering a young man lived there alone. He probably had his mom plan everything out. Except for one spot on the wall which looked like a picture used to be hanging there.

Maybe it fell and he just hadn't had time to put it up.

He was a fairly busy person.

Regardless, It was a beautiful place. It felt very open and with random trophies everywhere and expensive sculptures that showed he had too much money for his age.

Walking up the stairs you were greeted with two extra bedrooms and a bathroom on a dimly lit floor as blackout curtains were covering the windows.

It felt like you shouldn't have been up there so you went back down to watch TV until he got back.

-

Making yourself comfortable you curled up against a pillow and found some trashy reality TV show to watch.

Ring!

Sighing, you grabbed your phone out of your pocket to answer the call.

Hello?

"'Hello' Is that all you have to say?"

It was Sasha, clearly concerned.

Sorry girl, I spent the night at Eren's an-

You spent the night at Eren's?! Are you still there? Did you guys fuck? Y'know what, tell me all about it at the game tomorrow. Connie and I will pick you up from there. Bye!

You didn't even know how to respond. She was practically rambling and you felt like you just woke up and were starving. It's a good thing she hung up first because you wouldn't have been able to respond anyway.

But It was interesting how she was sort of telling you to not go back to your dorm room.

Cooking was fun, but so many people had weird dish rules at their houses.

'We NEVER use the stove!'

'Only cook with the black pan!'

So you chose the safe option, some fruit you found in the fridge.

Would he get mad if you ate on the couch?

I mean he's not home so he wouldn't know but what if he came back the moment you sat down?

When did you start to care so much?

Eren was the definition of a hookup and yet you found yourself caring about what he thought about everything.

You were starting to feel like a girlfriend, which you weren't. Were you even friends?

Slow down. You've known this boy for a little over seventy-two hours you need to stop designing your dress and check yourself into a psych ward because all of this was against your better judgment and extremely unlike you.

Sleeping over left a lot more questions rather than answers, but the look of happiness on his face when he walked in and saw you brought an instant smile to yours.

It felt like you were home.

-