𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

TO BUILD A HOME ╱ DEREK HALE꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . . © -wonderhaze
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 ━━━━━━━ ❛ 𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟳𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲. Well that's what Natalia thought as she walked into her school, the school in which everyone hated her in. She truly had no idea why people hated her, actually she knew why. Most of the people that hated her were either straight girls or homosexual boys. It wasn't Natalia's fault their boyfriends liked her more, but everyone blamed her for it when they got broken up with and the reason was her. It wasn't like she did anything to make them like her, she wore simple clothes to school and wore very limited makeup. So it wasn't like she was pretty and had a reason for them to like her. But they did and she had to pay the price for it in the end.

"watch where your walking," a random girl sneered as she rammed her shoulder into Natalia and pushed her to the ground

A grunt left Natalia as she made contact with the ground, her freshly curled hair falling out to the sides and getting stepped on by the people walking by her. The pain Natalia felt as her hair got pulled made tears rise in her eyes. And the minute a single tear fell from the girls eye, she heard laughing all around her. That moment alone made Natalia want to roll up in a ball and die, but she couldn't let that happen. She couldn't leave Liam. She refused to leave him. Natalia reached down and grabbed her bag from the ground and tried to walk past everyone, tears still flowing down her cheeks. Although she was pushed back by a certain group of girls.

"Nice to see you ladies but I'm going to go," Natalia offered a fake smile before pushing past them

"Oh look at her, it's clear she just wants attention. She didn't even get hurt and she's sobbing like a baby, seriously grow up, drama queen" One of the girls laughed as everyone around her started laughing as well

"Just like her brother, they're both babies. Seriously you would think their parents were dying or abusive at the amount of times they've broken down crying because of some mean words," A boy, who Natalia used to consider a best friend, yelled in between his laughter

That's what caused Natalia to snap. She didn't know which words drove her over the edge. It was truly all of them but once they mentioned her parents and Liam, she knew she was going to be in detention or worse. She dropped her bag and stormed over to the group of girls, grabbing the shoulder of the girl who had something about her and pulling her fist back. Natalia was filled with so much anger that she didn't even realize the now sharp nails growing on her fingers, the glowing yellow eyes taking over her natural blue ones. She swung her fist forward and although she hit her in the face and made a cut with her thumb nail, her hand fell down, open, and sliced across the girls stomach. The sound of screaming and the smell of blood brought Natalia back into reality, her nails disappearing and her eyes returning back to their natural color.

"You bitch! You're crazy," She shouted dramatically as she fell to the ground, withering in pain as her minions went to find a teacher

"My lord, what has happened here," a teacher screeched, coming out of her classroom and seeing the bloody girl, who was still withering in pain on the ground

Natalia couldn't answer the question though because she was already running away. She quickly picked up her bag and ran up the stairs if Placerville prep. She wasn't sure what had happened but she did know she needed her mom and dad right about now. With shaky hands, she pulled out her phone and called her mom, informing her of the situation and why they needed to search for new schools. If Natalia wasn't so anxious, she probably would have picked up on the worry in her moms voice. But all she heard was anger and how much of a disappointment she was.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Within 3 months after the incident, the Dunbar family had been moving out of Placerville and into Beacon Hills, which was about 5 hours from their current home just outside of Las Vegas. The incident ended up having to be taken to court due to the parents wanting to sue the school for allowing it to happen. The school completely ignored the fact that Natalia had been getting bullied for months and instead only cared about keeping on of the parents that were on the school bored. Which that decision alone made the Dunbar family move, but the judge deciding that she either moved or stayed inside was the final straw for the Dunbar family. They couldn't believe how toxic that town was and how they could allow some kid to bully their daughter and probably other kids as well for months.

Beacon hills was the families next option, for some bizarre reason. Natalia didn't fully understand why they would move to a town that was well known for being safe. That alone should tell them that something is incredibly wrong and they shouldn't go there. But no one listened to Natalia and she already knew that the moment they stepped foot in their new home that they wouldn't all be making it out alive and that scared Natalia a lot.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━ liv speaks !
so this is really sad but it is the reality of situations where kids or teens are jealous of others and will do whatever they want to make the other person feel terrible.

Derek and Nat haven't met yet but the first chapter will show how they did meet and I'm already in love with them.

Make sure to vote and comment! I love hearing from you guys and getting feedback.

Much love, liv!

━━━━━━━━━━ to build a home,
© -wonderhaze, 2023

━━━━━━━━━━ to build a home,© -wonderhaze, 2023

word count: 1032. written: 2.19.23. published: 2.19.23