[11]

Michael

"All this for a girl who has a child?" My father questions as we both enter the car.

"It's her sister."

"She's basically her daughter. What's so special about this woman anyway? You're going around starting a war because of her." My father shakes his head as he starts the engine and backs out of the hotel parking lot. "She's using you son."

"Can we not have this conversation again." I shook my head as I leaned on the door of the car. My father loves bringing Kirsten up every chance he can. I know the type of women I've dealt with in the past weren't good people. I know they only wanted great amounts of money from me, but could he at least try with Kirsten? He did it for everyone except her. Why her?

"No son, we need to have this conversation."

"No, we don't! I'm tired of you holding some type of grudge with her. You don't talk to her or try to understand why I'm in love with this woman!" I exclaim.

"I know exactly the type of person she is! She's a whore you met in a damn club!" I became angry the moment he let those words fly out of his mouth. I clenched my seatbelt to keep me from doing something I'd regret later. I've never wanted to hurt my father so bad until now. He just don't understand what she does to me. Her presence alone. I don't care that she has a toddler to take care of, I'll take care of the both of them forever. He don't understand love because he failed in his own marriage. He failed to keep this family safe.

"Michael listen to me son, you have a reputation when it comes to women. I just don't want you falling down the same path as me." He continues after noticing my silence.

"And what path would that be?" I spoke. My dad was one of the most feared and richest drug lords of the decade and he trained us, my siblings and I, to take over and we did. My siblings lost their life trying to keep his legacy going but he didn't want me going down the same path as him?

"Your mother wasn't some saint Michael. She had her own dirty laundry but I never wanted you or your siblings to see her in that light. Even after her death." He says. "I see your mother in Kirsten and all I'm doing is trying to prevent—"

"Stop. I won't allow you to talk about mother that way!" I yelled. "Just drop it. Kirsten will be my wife once we move back to New York. I want to dead this shit forever."

After a long, silent car ride back into the city, we finally arrived back home where we gathered everyone to discuss our plans for the next few days. I physically cannot handle another Winston right now. I'd possibly lose my fucking mind if someone else decides to challenge me. I called for Armon and he relayed some information he received from Kenny's people.

"They know where you live. They know where you're hiding now. We either do this tonight or nothing at all." He says.

"Tell me something I don't know." I said as I leaned over the table. "How do I know you're not giving them any information about us?" At this point, Armon had at least twenty guns pointed directly towards him. I barely trust the people who's been here for years, why should I trust someone new?

"Michael come on." He starts as he raises his hand up and backs away a little. "I'm just trying to finally get out of this shit so my family can have a better life."

"Have you spoken to anyone today?" I ask.

"Well yeah, they had an emergency meeting. They want to raid both your apartment and father's house and all of your hideouts. They know everything because Winston revealed it all." He says.

"When?"

"In a fear hours, look we need to be ready and armed." He warns. I had everyone put their guns down and they obeyed. "They found his body, they plan to do the same thing to you Michael."