Chapter 1

"Louisa Lucy" Called the person from the reception taking the attention of a woman in her late 20s, who was so into the book she was reading 'The art of Dark Psychology & Manipulation' 

As she got on her feet the classical length untidy semi-wavy hair fell back. Pushing her thick black glasses up a bit, she walked to the reception. 

"Hello!" She spoke 

"Louisa Lucy?" Asked the receptionist plastering a smile on her face 

"Yes." Replied Lucy in a calm voice 

"Sorry mam, we couldn't manage a ticket for you. All the flights to Japan are booked. We tried…" 

"It's okay." Lucy cut her off and added "Thank you. Have a nice evening" 

She bowed and walked away. 

As soon as she came out of the airport the cold breeze of autumn hit her, sending chills through her nerves. Sighing in disappointment she headed to her home.

Her boyfriend went to Japan to attend an award show with his band. They will perform there. Their group is going to be awarded the most famous foreign artist award. He is also going to get an award for his recent acting debut in a Japanese drama today. This is a big day for him, for his group and she couldn't make it. She was supposed to go to Japan yesterday with him but something urgent came to the lab and even today she missed her flight as the problem was not solved yet. Now she couldn't get another flight. 

.....

She took out her phone and called her boyfriend but he didn’t pick up. Ah, the award ceremony has started. Noticing her watch and thinking that she went to take a shower. 

Later she congratulated her boyfriend through a message and went to sleep. She kept watching the clip she found on Twitter where her boyfriend got the best rookie actor award. He was looking too handsome in his black suit. Even his teary eyes couldn't hide the breathtaking charm. His eyes were teary, and he was occasionally looking up to stop himself from crying and thanking everyone in his speech with his slightly cracked voice. All she wanted at that moment was to pull him in her arms and tell him how proud she is of him. Every part of her soul was yearning to hug him, kiss him and give him all the warmth she can master, give her everything to him. 

...

Lucy slowly opened her eyes as her phone kept ringing. The first thought she had was Sanha! She immediately got up and checked her phone. It was her colleague Mr. Hwang. Feeling a bit disappointed, she picked up and immediately Mr. Hwang started yelling. She was late for work. She looked at her watch and it was 10 am. She was supposed to be at the university by 8:30 am. Her class was at 9 am. She missed the class. 

When did I fall asleep? She forgot to set her alarm! She got up and freshened up somehow while cursing the hell out of herself, took her key to start the day, or in other words faced the department head. 

The thought of facing the old woman and her yells already made her restless. She completely forgot about everything else, even that her boyfriend will come back today. In university, facing Mrs. Kim was like she was standing in the middle of a cyclone and letting it hit and fly her away. 

When she returned to her desk Mr. Hwang handed her a cup of coffee and asked her to cheer up. He was Lucy's senior. One of the professors of the Psychology department. Lucy was an assistant professor. Mr. Hwang always adores her like she is her daughter. She always feels too grateful to have a senior like him. 

After university, she had to rush to the lab. As a punishment the old Mrs. Kim, her department head, asked her to finalize the data, complete the paper she was working on and hand it over to her tomorrow morning. It was Mrs. Kim's research and Lucy was working on it too. After cursing the hell out of her, skipping lunch, and giving up on dinner, Lucky bought her coffee and a sandwich and headed to the lab.